BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice 1999 540it/6 that has had the 6 speed manual swapped in by a previous owner. Car is in good shape for it s age and mileage which is current just over 100k. The car does carry a salvage title, but there was no frame damage and no airbag deployment. Best I can tell from the Autocheck report that I recently ran is that it was a single car accident as it does not show up with an accident on the Autocheck, but only with the salvage title being issued. The PO is the one that bought it from an insurance auction and proceeded to have the repairs done that included OEM Hella facelift headlights and the M5 front bumper. He then drove it daily for nearly 50k miles. After I purchased it in October of last year I had the valve cover gaskets, water pump, power steering hoses, spark plugs, radiator and a few other miscellaneous seals/o-rings replaced along with a full inspection by a local reputable indy mechanic. The car is a blast to drive and gets looks everywhere it goes. I have pasted a link to my local craigslist ad as it has all the details about the car.

1999 BMW 540it wagon rare 6 speed!!! REDUCED

My asking price is $11,000 obo. Yes I know this is higher than the books, especially with the title issue, but the tranny swap alone could cost you $2k if you were paying to have it done. If you are interested feel free to contact me as I am negotiable to an extent. I would also entertain trades on a 2005+ Honda odyssey, or a full size SUV (Sequoia, Expedition, Titan) of similar mileage and price range.

Teaser pic:

Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts