BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the seven non-UK spec RHD (EG92) cars - of which 3 were sold new in Australia - is up for sale in Melbourne.
Serial No. CC88165 in Orient Blue, 75,000 kms.
Asking price of $AUD96k is equivalent to £GBP54k, or $NZD105k.

1995 BMW 850CSI for sale | Trade Unique Cars, Australia

Unfortunately it no longer has its original wheels or front bumper, and has also had a rear spoiler installed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Guys got a nerve,sold for $70k Australia last year,missed buying by a few hours from dealer in Melbourne ,hope for the extra 26k some substantial restoration has been done but I doubt it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By 'restoration' do you mean there were some issues that needed sorting when it was for sale last year?

I'd be wanting to revert the car back to as close to the original configuration as possible, in order to preserve its value for the future.
Others have said the same - ditch the AC Schnitzer bits and the boot spoiler, put it back to original CSi form.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No issues from memory,spoke to BMW indie in Melbourne about it,he did my PPI on my 840ci a month or two after it sold to the current owner .

I spoke to the dealer who sold the 850csi ,as I said it was sold at the listed price of AUS70k,so the extra 26k smells of someone trying to make a big profit.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the background, vintage.

Sounds like the last buyer was in it for short term monetary gain, and not really into the car.
You have to wonder how he came up with that price tag, though.

I had my own CSi professionally valued early last year for insurance purposes: it came out significantly less than the asking price of this Melbourne car - and mine would be considered a superior example.

Will be interesting to see what this one sells for - if it ever sells.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a UK registered CSi with 58,000 miles in Oxford green with Black leather interior. Full BMW service history. I have taken it back to original state by removing the rear Mtech spoiler, removing the front CF Schnitzer spoiler and fitting a new genuine BMW CSi spoiler.

I have sorted all the common problems, DK motors, Cam bolts ETC. It recenlty had a new water pump, rear diff seal, fuel and air filters, plugs, engine and diff oil, distributor caps and rotors. Schrick cams fitted and remapped using 2 x wideband Oxygen sensors with dual eprom emulators fitted in the DMEs (No cheap generic ebay EPROM job). I also purchased the last 2 remaining 560g gearboxes from getrag which will come with the car. The car drives perfectly and is need of no additional work.
Currently the car has the ACS alloys and side skirts on, I also have the original throwing star alloys and side skirts along with the Mtech spoiler and front CF ACS spoiler...included with the car.

Open to serious offers.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks like a nice, low mileage, well-sorted car, omegaman.

Plenty of goodies to go with her as well, including some options to return the car to original spec.
I'm just a little puzzled as to why you haven't made a dedicated thread for her, as she certainly deserves it!

What is the car's serial number?
Ownership history?
More pics please - interior/engine bay, etc.

You could also try posting this over on bimmerforums E31.

Meanwhile I will share this with our kiwi 8er group.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks.

I was just browsing recent CSi prices online and noticed this thread. I'm not in any rush to let it go but would do for a decent price. I've been on bimmerforum,com for some years.

Serial number is CC88016

The grey wires at the back are temporary screened signal wires for the 2 Wideband O2 displays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ownership wise. I believe the car started life as a prize in a golf tournament. It was then owned by a Dr Chan followed by a BMW technician. It was then sold to a good friend of mine who kept the car for around 7 years and only using it for one month during that time.

The car had extended warranty up until BMW refused to acknowledge the need for the Banjo bolts to be sorted. They were replaced as soon as a slight ticking noise was heard, no wear to the original CSi cams, which I still have. All new hydraulic lifters were fitted, banjo bolts were drilled and lock wired.

I carried out all the work on the car myself as I do not trust anyone else to take proper care of the car. I recently had the rear window replaced and watched the entire process, zero rust behind the original glass and no rust anywhere on the car body.

It's not 100% immaculate as it has a couple of small stone chips on the bonnet but it is probably one of the lowest mileage sorted CSi's out there.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been on bimmerforum,com for some years.

Serial number is CC88016
Yes I've seen your posts on bimmerforums - that's why I'd suggest advertising the car there as well, as it will go out to a larger, wider audience.
Would also recommend putting a free ad on Car & Classic UK.

Are you sure that serial number is correct, and if so, has the car been repainted?
The reason I ask is that CC88016 was originally finished in Barbados Green metallic (490).
Build date 03-May-1993.

The first EG92 850CSi produced in Oxford Green was CC88025 (12-July-1993).

Aside from this question, your car looks to be in very nice condition throughout.
Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's more like it!

Thanks for clarifying that.

She is only a month (and three serial numbers) older than my CSi.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Gents,

I'm very confused.....the reason being is that I'm the current owner of this vehicle and in the last 18 months have never presented it for sale. Are you sure that this unique car advertisement isn't a old one?

If it is reasonably current (September 2014) there is something very fishy going on and I need to start investigating.

I also have no intention of selling such a rare find for the foreseeable future.....the aim is to return it back to original.

The vintage....I must've just beat you to it when it was advertised for 70k.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Orient Blue Australian car (CC88165) has now gone to a new owner in Perth, WA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts