BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.

im using my car alot at the track, got the full setup front and rear brakes from 1995 345 and 328 rotors.

want to try something better than the ebc yellowstuff pads.

somebody got some tips for other pads? ferodo? pagid? etc. the pads will only be used on track, interchange between "street" pads and track pads at every event. so tips on only track pads will be appreciated.

·
10,457 Posts
really nobody has experience with better pads?
unfortunately there's not a lot of choice. I think ebc makes them, there is a ferodo that 'fits' but has less pad area.

If you run a search you'll find a big thread on this exact topic.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I tried EBC pads, they didn't last very long.... (cracked and over heated within 4 x 5 lap stints, but, I do brake very late and hard).

I've now got some original M3 (E46) pads and they're great!

I also went to braided pipes and blue (race spec) fluid, which I suspect also helped. We also found the fluid at the rear calipers was really old and dirty, which I'm sure wasn't helping. We also fitted new rears.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They are the same as E34 M5 ? Same size , shape and bolt in ?

Different compound ?
direct fit without any mods.

the BMW supplied pads for my car where a cheap / rubbish compound that kept breaking up under track conditions

the pads we fitted had been in the workshop for a couple of years, have a better compound and are still in the car, working well after track days and road use

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
This part number ?

brake pads asbestos-free
34 11 2 282 995
I'll have a hunt around in the garage to see if I can find the box they came in.

I know the compound was original E46 M3 spec'. the guys who work on my car (who run their own track and race cars) knew that the actual compound used in the current pads supplied by BMW wasn't as good (on track) as the older stuff, hence they dug around their own work-shop to find some original spec pads.

and - I remember the box had a BMW logo on it, and, the words E46 M3....

·
10,457 Posts
that sounds like it's for the 315mm single piston caliper brakes, not the 345 4 piston calipers.

Reactions: AseanAero

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
hi.

im using my car alot at the track, got the full setup front and rear brakes from 1995 345 and 328 rotors.

want to try something better than the ebc yellowstuff pads.

somebody got some tips for other pads? ferodo? pagid? etc. the pads will only be used on track, interchange between "street" pads and track pads at every event. so tips on only track pads will be appreciated.
-
Hi M5touring lover in Norway...
this might 'make your day' but it will take time.......:):byebye:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...-floating-disks-324mm-e32-4-pot-calipers.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts