BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

A nice red csi cropped up on my neighbouring country Sweden,so after I did some background research on it, (as in called the previous owner and so forth) I went for the plunge and did the near thousand mile stint via plane, bus and rail to get it back home. No pain no gain as they say.

Well as it tuned out the car is as good as it was let up to be, so I got lucky. It's already got 125k miles on the odometer but has been looked after very well, I have a dyno and it put out even more torque than stock, so I'm pretty happy... Getting the service history sent to me as its been serviced my a bmw dealership since the import to sweden from 2001 onwards. The last owner only had it since last x-mas and needed the money for a house purchase. He's a Hells Angels member ( I kid you not) which was a interesting experience in itself.

Anyway, here are the pics with it with my 1999 m5. Enjoy :byebye:

Index of /niko/mycorradoweb/m12

go up to the parent directory for more pics and dyno result.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Beautiful, both of them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Lovely 850 CSI, saw a copy of yours here in Skåne the other day, a late Hellrot with M-Paralells (May 1996), thought first it was that car, also import to Sweden in 2001.

Take care of your CSI, a beautiful car=)

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hi,

Its been a while. been replacing a sorts of necessary and in hindsight unnecessary parts over the last year. Custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cats aswell as fitted some h&R springs and the car is now running on forged acs type two rs wheels.

more pics.

Index of /niko/mycorradoweb/m8/autumn2011
Index of /niko/mycorradoweb/m8/czech exhaust

video

BMW 850 CSi ENGL Exhaust, davidm535i´s 200CPSI metal cat + X-pipe - YouTube
Nice numberplate !!!!!!!!!!!:goldcup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congratulations on your gorgeous Csi!

Red is the colour I prefer on these cars, also.

The two-tone BBS rims look much better than the Schnitzer wheels - making the car look subtly aggressive and not too chunky.

Are they 19 or 20 inch?
Any loss of ride/handling over the standard size rims?

I still like the original 18-inch M-Parallels on the E31, but maybe they're a little too understated on a big red coupe!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hi,

Its been a while, again. The car is now on "old skool" oz futura 9+ 10.5x18 wheels. Suits the shape nicely inho.
Sorry EPDM, but you've lost me with those wheels.
I don't recall ever seeing a worse combination on an E31 - totally kills the look of this otherwise stunning car, IMHO.:sad3:

Sorry, but I'm being completely honest here...bring back those two-tone BBS rims, please!mmmmmm

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, the new five-spokes are fantastic, much closer to that 90's sporting look. The BBS's just don't fit what is a hallmark of that mid 1990s aesthetic, IMHO :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
No, the new five-spokes are fantastic, much closer to that 90's sporting look. The BBS's just don't fit what is a hallmark of that mid 1990s aesthetic, IMHO :)
Granted, they might look OK on a 90's muscle car, but not on what is arguably the most beautiful BMW coupe ever built.
They certainly don't speak "refinement".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Granted, they might look OK on a 90's muscle car, but not on what is arguably the most beautiful BMW coupe ever built.
They certainly don't speak "refinement".
I guess, those enormous two-tone wheels on cars with smaller wheel wells have always just screamed "Look at my sweet (insert car that people only change aesthetics and never performance) that I modded" to me. They're sweet rims, but I think they just got over-copied and now you see the look everywhere it shouldn't be.

IMHO, a rarer stock wheel always wins for me. Like style 68's on an E46. And, frankly, the spirit of BMW for me hasn't ever been refinement like the MBs do it. They're not the best choice, maybe, but I like that it clashes. I think that's the soul that draws me in, the beauty and sophistication against the goes-like-stink.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Though, if I'm honest, I've never really liked that style of wheel, only just appreciated that they typifies an era.

So I think I'm just arguing for the sake of it, sorry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts