Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DESCRIPTION:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<o:p></o:p>
Based on the Dinan upgrades, the car qualified to receive:<o:p></o:p>

• BMW “M” Badge and<o:p></o:p>
  • Dinan Badge (both included, uninstalled)<o:p></o:p>
Body Type:<o:p></o:p>
E34 - The E34 was among the most reliable luxury cars on the market, earning the best-in-class ratings from Intellichoice in 1991, and still considered one of the most reliable BMWs ever made. It was also one of the safest cars on the road during its production.
Upgrades:<o:p></o:p>
The car was purchased in 1996 from Westchester BMW (CPO) with 30K miles and upgraded in three stages, beginning in 1997 with the addition of performance chips and freeflow intake. In 1998, the vehicle underwent further major upgrades with addition of a Dinan Stage II supercharger system and installation of Dinan performance exhaust, suspension and brakes. During late 1998 and 1999, the rear differential was upgraded and a high stall torque converter was installed, both of which substantially improve torque at low rpm and acceleration at lower speeds. Koni adjustable shocks and Dinan rear struts were also added and the windows were tinted amber grey. <o:p></o:p>
The Dinan modifications increase the car’s power to in excess of 425bhp from 282bhp, and substantially improve handling capability. Dinan upgrades were done at 43K miles and have less than 20K miles of wear.<o:p></o:p>

Maintenance:<o:p></o:p>
A CARFAX report is available upon request at no charge. A full binder of all service records will be provided to the buyer. The vehicle has been garaged and regularly maintained with fluid changes and ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</st1:metricconverter><st1:metricconverter ProductID="50,000 mile">50,000 mile</st1:metricconverter> service at a local dealership. Over the past five years, all belts, bushings, and struts have been checked and where necessary, replaced. Transmission and torque converter were serviced in 2009 and comes with a 2 year unlimited warranty which will be honored with a new owner through 12/2011. Supercharger was serviced this past summer including replacement of pulleys, belts and vibration damper. Rear brakes and rotors were replaced in 2009.<o:p></o:p>

CURRENT CONDITION:<o:p></o:p>
Mechanical: As noted above, the vehicle was thoroughly evaluated this past summer and maintained so that it is in solid shape for a new owner. The vehicle runs smoothly, feels solid and is in good mechanical condition – it is an excellent performance vehicle, but also comfortable enough for day-to-day driving. I have maintained the vehicle with objective of preventative maintenance. The vehicle comes with an existing warranty on the transmission which remains in force for another year with unlimited mileage. What doesn’t work: windshield wiper fluid pump; rear driverside seatbelt buckle.<o:p></o:p>

Interior of the car has heated grey leather seats and wood paneling which are good condition with minor scratches; there are no stains or tears in either the front or back seats which were rarely used. <o:p></o:p>

Exterior: The car has a variety of scratches, dings and chips. The most visible ones are: a key scratch on the driverside passenger door and a scratch on the passengerside front fender. The paint on the rear roundel logo has peeled to chrome. Wheels are <st1:metricconverter ProductID="18”"><st1:metricconverter ProductID="18”">18”</st1:metricconverter></st1:metricconverter> M5, 5-spoke design and are in good condition.<o:p></o:p>

Standard Features (all in good working order):<o:p></o:p>

• Sunroof<o:p></o:p>
  • Air Conditioning;<o:p></o:p>
  • Heated leather Seats;<o:p></o:p>
  • Power Seats;<o:p></o:p>
  • Driver memory settings - seat, mirror, steering wheel;<o:p></o:p>
  • Power Windows;<o:p></o:p>
  • Power Door Locks;<o:p></o:p>
  • AM/FM Stereo / Cassette Player;<o:p></o:p>
  • Front Airbags.<o:p></o:p>
Other items included:<o:p></o:p>

• 2 sets of keys;<o:p></o:p>
  • Owner’s manuals;<o:p></o:p>
  • Service records binder;<o:p></o:p>
  • BMW OEM trunk tool kit;<o:p></o:p>
  • Spare tire (oem wheel);<o:p></o:p>
  • Cannon driver side rubber matt;<o:p></o:p>
  • Cannon passengerside rubber matt;<o:p></o:p>
  • Cannon protective full-trunk matt.<o:p></o:p>
Not included, but separately negotiable: 4 oem wheels & tires; oem fuel injector & various BMW engine spare parts.<o:p></o:p>

Price: I have teenagers who are now driving age and this car is too powerful for them to be driving, so I am looking to sell this car and purchase something more family-friendly. The value of an unmodified 1994 540i with the leather/sunroof trim is $6000-7000. The Dinan upgrades have <st1:metricconverter ProductID="20,000 miles"><st1:metricconverter ProductID="20,000 miles">20,000 miles</st1:metricconverter></st1:metricconverter> on them and add about $10,000 of value (30% of original cost). My asking price is $16,658.

I welcome serious inquiries, you can reach me at [email protected] or tel. (516) 627-6614.

http://img708.imageshack.us/g/1exteriordriversidefron.jpg/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a clarification, I was informed that my wheel covers are 18", the wheels themselves are 17". I was also asked what kind of tires the car has and their condition? The car currently has a set of Toyo Proxes T7-S tires (235/45zr17 97W). They appear to be in good shape with remaining tread depth of about 1/4-3/8".
<!-- End Description -->

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was asked whether the car requires any warm-up time before driving?

No, the car does not require any extended warm-up before driving. Upon turning the key, the car starts immediately and runs through a digital self-diagnostic that takes maybe 15 seconds. The idle is clean, smooth and strong. I was told that the supercharger enables the engine to run hotter and cleaner, which contributes to smooth idle and good compression.
<!-- End Description -->

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Q: I was asked what the Dinan II supercharger "package" includes.
A: The [FONT=Times.New.Roman083.313][FONT=Times.New.Roman083.313]supercharger system includes a belt-driven Powerdyne centrifugal-type supercharger, a compressor-bypass assembly, engine-control software, a low restriction air-filter system, high-flow fuel injectors, a Turbotronics-10 module (which piggybacks onto the stock airflow meter to calibrate it for forced induction), and a dual fuel-pump assembly. In addition the Stage II package includes a freer-flowing exhaust system. The system is belt driven internally making it quiet and the ceramic bearings don't require lubrication or maintenance, avoiding the need for an external oil feed.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times.New.Roman083.313][FONT=Times.New.Roman083.313]For more information, see the following article which reviews the Stage II Supercharger ('faster'): http://www.kindel.com/bmw/fast_fives.pdf[/FONT][/FONT]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks! I am going to advertise it locally. It's a great car and pictures don't do it justice -- you really need to see and drive it. You put it on EBAY and it gets compared to 1990s cars that have been beaten to a pulp with hundreds of thousands of miles on them. This car feels like its 5 years old, and there's a reason for that... $$$ ... i've spent a lot to keep it in top condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts