BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
From the pictures you've posted I can see the car is in need of a good detailing, but it looks like a car I would be very interested in were the price more in line with the current market situation.

Given how long you've had the car for sale are you prepared to consider reasonable offers under $20,000 yet?

Are you able to confirm the mileage of the car is accurate given that it was imported from Japan?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, it needs a good detail and will get one before delivery! I've actually had some potential buyers request the engine bay NOT to be detailed as they like to see exactly what they are getting, understandably.
That makes sense; I personally would rather detail the car myself as I've seen far too many botched polishing jobs.

I mentioned in the third post that I'm open to offers! Yes, the market is soft, but this is a great car, and I'm not prepared to lose money selling it, so don't bother offering $15k or something.
Once I'm confident about of the condition and history of the car I'm prepared to make you a fair offer for it.

There is no way (that I know of) to officially confirm the mileage. All I know is the japanese drive their cars very little, and the service records and condition of the car are consistent with a low mileage, well maintained vehicle. This is one of a dozen or so german cars we've imported from there in the last couple of years, and it's one of the cleanest.
It does certainly look like a genuine low mileage example, though looks can sometimes be deceiving.

Service records I have are in Japanese, which I've had partially translated, I'll have to check when clearances were last inspected. I wouldn't be afraid to at least measure them since I've got a leaky valve cover and already ordered the gaskets. They shouldn't be far out with the 84000km I've got anyway (sure doesn't *feel* like they're off!).
Luxauto said:
I'm concerned with the lack of mention of the worn out tires, leaky valve cover and potential need of valve adjustment in your original sales descriptions. What is the complete list of outstanding issues with the car?

Are there any signs of accidents or paint work?

What options does the car have?

Does it have all of the original manuals? If so, what language are they in?

Is the toolkit complete?

Thanks in advance for the details. :applause:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts