BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Exterior, Black w/Red Leather accents interior, 185K miles.

Asking price is $15K, and I will entertain any reasonable offers. It is more important for me to find a collector who can appreciate the
car, then wait for the highest and best offer. Meaning . . . I am completely reasonable about the value of the car and will let the market decide.

I have owned the car for 16 years, and I have done my best to keep it as close to showroom condition, but drive it as well.
It moves like a bat out of hell, and I have done some very tasteful mods all detailed here:

BMW M Registry - Car Detail

I have all my service records in a folder about an inch thick, and can email summaries to anyone interested.

The highlights:

MECHANICAL:
- AC Schnitzer suspension (load leveling intact) with Koni adjustable Sport shocks in the front
- Completely rebuilt AC (every component replaced including AC lines)
- Eisenmann Race Exhaust, cats removed
- Lightened Fly Wheel, race clutch
- Racing Dynamics strut tower brace
- EAT Mark D-Sylva chip
- S38 B38 Cam Sprockets
- 20mm rear anti-roll bar
- UUC short shift kit
- Fresh tires

INTERIOR:
- Custom Interior door panels with Red Leather accents (to repair the issue with Vinyl not adhering to panels with age)
- UUC RK Magnum stainless steel shift knob
- UUC stainless steel e-brake handle

EXTERIOR:
- Rear Spoiler
- M mirrors
- 1993 M5 hood with wider double-kidney
- professionally detailed, ding free, rust free

ELECTRONICS:
- Upgraded HID lights
- Alpine head unit with iPod connectivity, upgraded speakers
- Built in K40 Radar/Blinder Laser Jammer (you can see 4 pods in pictures of the front)

Working from home I just do not drive her as much as I used to, shame to see her sit in a garage.
I have loved this car in a way that only a car enthusiast can understand, and I just think she is
better in someone else's hand that can really drive it and appreciate it.

It is a fantastic touring car, great for long trips, and it turns heads and gets "thumbs up" all the time.

Just contact me at arbifox at hotmail if you are interested, it is the best way to get in touch.

All detailed pics are listed here (more uploading in the coming days):

http://redrocketsaloon.shutterfly.com/

All the best,

Thomas

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
16 years...:sad3:

Nonetheless, good luck with the sale! Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work from home more often these days, I rather have someone else enjoy her before I need therapy. I have gone through this maybe twice as failed attempts, but I think change will do me good. I will entertain any offers, hoping for a collector who can keep up the effort I have taken in maintaining the car. As for the price (which is where I used to get the most criticism previously), it might as well be any amount. I will keep at for the next couple of months and let the highest offer take it, even if that is something insanely undervalued.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price drop!!!

$12,500 (OBO) - Really looking for an enthusiast who is crazy about the car . . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying a new approach . . .

I am going to market the car till mid-July, the best offer over $7500 gets it. The best way to reach me is arbifox at hotmail.

·
Registered
877 Posts
sent an email to you Thomas

James

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sent mail

Replied, best way to reach me is arbifox at hotmail. I check the board every so often . . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going, going . . .

So here is what I have learned. If anyone wants to buy this particular car, in more cases than not, something last minute happens that prevents the sale. I had 2 deals fall apart for the exact money that I feel the car is worth, I have 2 backup low-ball offers (which is fine, it is what it is), so if anyone is even remotely thinking of interest, let me know . . .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can't believe this fine M5 isn't getting more interest! My stable is full or I'd be all over this. Have you tried selling thru Autotrader or some other listing? Don't let this go for peanuts! GL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have her out on eBay, I did not do the Roundel, but I should have done that in May. I have two basement offers, and between those offers and what I really want is maybe a couple of grand. The one person that I was close to a deal with actually told me the price was spot on at $12.5K, so I know it is not a pricing issue. I am also VERY reasonable, and at least the lower offer is a local dude who I know would LOVE the car. Besides, sometimes you just have to let go and move on, and if I had garage space I would keep it. But I am not a collector in that sense, and even if I kept it I would not enjoy it as much as I should.

To answer another poster . . . the tensioner I think was done 6 years ago, but I know for a fact it was done, and checked at every major service as it blew on me on the highway. That was fun . . .

To anyone else remotely considering this car, I can send you the receipts of what I put into this car in the last 3 years. In hindsight, I should keep it for another 5, but I simply woke up realizing that I am mortal and I need to drive a few more cars in my life time. I could have easily afforded an E39 or E60, but for me it was always the E34 that made my heart race.

I can get my basement price, and I have multiple offers at that level. Anyone driving this car will admit it is worth $12K in the least if they look at the care and the receipts on maintenance. I will entertain any offer, the best way to reach me is arbifox at hotmail.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Car looks great...I just sold my car and am in the market. I sent you a pm as well as an email. I hope to speak to you soon. Maybe we can exchange phone numbers and come to an agreement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts