BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
sachs clutch kit

I bought new sachs clutch, flywheels, pressure plate, throw out bearing.
also new radiator, resevoir, plugs wires, cap and rotor. oh and also new clutch fan

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
the car is running i will post video soon. i have to drive it for 1200 miles and keep it under 3000 rpm to break engine in. but awesome car still need some more work interior and paint correction and rebuild a/c

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awesome work! I'm just seeing this now. I wouldn't expect an 87k mile engine to need a bottom end rebuild, but if you have the time and cash, I guess you will also now have the piece of mind! I must add, the bent valves were NOT due to a botched valve adjustment. More likely a botched shift.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Awesome work! I'm just seeing this now. I wouldn't expect an 87k mile engine to need a bottom end rebuild, but if you have the time and cash, I guess you will also now have the piece of mind! I must add, the bent valves were NOT due to a botched valve adjustment. More likely a botched shift.
Possible

I bought the car thinking it was easy fix and the seller lied to me. as they say never buy a car off the internet. Come to find out when I took car to mechanic to have it inspected. He said the engine has bent valve so. I told him to take whole engine apart and replace everything that looked bad or might go bad. And here we are today and all parts replaced with OEM part right from dealership dont want to take chance with aftermarket internal parts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So the a/c is original and works fine. but leak so I have to replace both high side and low side plus new electric fan and new dryer.I will be sending pics soon. and yes i also replaced the front suspension slowly. here are a few close up pics of engine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
installed the control arms over weekend center bearings also installed. still need shocks and a few more suspension parts. plus went with OEM sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I forgot to put more pictures while engine being built with new cap rotor and etc.
I can this modled hose is $300 wow.

the old was broken
got it machined to make is smooth

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread is fantastic. Your detailed pictures are appreciated and will be useful to many people.
Do you mind sharing the cost of the engine build? That’s quite the parts list you have.
Great build!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
leather treatment and condition(mink oil) wow! it did a great job making the leather ultra smooth and soft . Very impressed. the seats have some imperfections from sliding in and out so i tried some black leather polish on one section. the end result it is not that great because it felt textured and a little grainy/ruff. so im going to try shoe wax see if there is any difference but here you go with the saddle soap first.

did a great job the saddle soap. left a nice clean surface to apply the conditioner. mink oil
i will post pics soon. but the polish not to happy with. yes i know its shoe polish but trying it out.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts