BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
What exactly are you looking for? There really isn't much of a "service manual" per se.

And which car do you own? Recently aquired?

Reactions: GFORCE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need engine/wiring schematics for a 1979 ALPINA B7 TURBO COUPE (e24). I've had it for a long time and it is sitting in the garage. It is time to bring it back....and be like yours. I saw a service manual for a 1979 ALPINA B7 TURBO (e12)Pierburg so I am hoping it is possible to find the info. I need.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need engine/wiring schematics for a 1979 ALPINA B7 TURBO COUPE (e24). I've had it for a long time and it is sitting in the garage. It is time to bring it back....and be like yours. I saw a service manual for a 1979 ALPINA B7 TURBO (e12)Pierburg so I am hoping it is possible to find the info. I need.
The beste way is to contact Alpina directly. I send an email to Alpina and recieved the wiring schematics for my E21 B6.

·
Registered
77 Posts
soory, cannot help with your book. what color is your car? I tried to view your pic but something is not working. I am searching for a 1979 light blue E24 (fjord)....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1979 ALPINA B7 TURBO COUPE (#37)

Do you have some more information about your B7 Turbo Coupe such as production number and color?
My production # is 37 and my car is black.....it has 28,000 miles and is almost new. It has a reserve gas tank attached to the regular tank also. Alpina wheels, steering wheel and gear shift but the badges are missing.

I am in the process of bringing it back to life after it sitting for 10 years. I need the engine management schematics/wiring specs. for the car so my shop can get it running than I will enhance it with modifications. I never got around to fixing it up because I have a 5 series.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
The Pierburg injection system is quite sensitive so very likely (one of) the issues if your car isn't running properly. However - it's very difficult to get working properly. Best is to not let your mechanics play with it at your cost but to send it to Alpina for rebuilding.

·
Registered
77 Posts
nice car....

My production # is 37 and my car is black.....it has 28,000 miles and is almost new. It has a reserve gas tank attached to the regular tank also. Alpina wheels, steering wheel and gear shift but the badges are missing.

I am in the process of bringing it back to life after it sitting for 10 years. I need the engine management schematics/wiring specs. for the car so my shop can get it running than I will enhance it with modifications. I never got around to fixing it up because I have a 5 series.
=====================

Good luck with your project. It is great to see another Alpina coming back to life. Here is an ALPINA registry which is quite impressive. I think that your car is marked as DESTROYED here: feel free to contact the web admin and let them know that it is being rebuilt...
http://www.alpina-archive.com/?cat=68

·
Registered
141 Posts
=====================

Good luck with your project. It is great to see another Alpina coming back to life. Here is an ALPINA registry which is quite impressive. I think that your car is marked as DESTROYED here: feel free to contact the web admin and let them know that it is being rebuilt...
http://www.alpina-archive.com/?cat=68

Definately not the same car. Atleast 2 major things do not match. First is the production # : one is listed as 37 and the other is 35. Second, the one that is destroyed is a B7/1 and was made well after '79 and can be verified by the later style bumpers in the pictures. The one in this post is a 79 and is a B7 Turbo coupe.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Definately not the same car. Atleast 2 major things do not match. First is the production # : one is listed as 37 and the other is 35. Second, the one that is destroyed is a B7/1 and was made well after '79 and can be verified by the later style bumpers in the pictures. The one in this post is a 79 and is a B7 Turbo coupe.
and a very low mileage car.....Todd heard of any around here with this low mileage?

GFORCE, PICs PLEASE -------- :1:

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Correct.

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Please don't modify this car. It's one of only 5-10 examples in the USA and only a few dozen in the world. It should not be modified - but is extremely rare in original condition!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I second that!!!

If you want a hot modified turbo 6, build one. Don't modify the Alpina. Besides, these early cars in particular make a very bad platform for modification, unless you just start scrapping fuel and ignition systems wholesale which would be, as mentioned, a crime.

Reactions: GFORCE

·
Registered
77 Posts
My mistake! I am still very new to the Alpina world (2 weeks). It is great to see so many sites and avid Alpina fans. Good luck on restoring your current car and I agree with the other comments: please, do not modify a rare Alpina. Keep it original!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another interesting thread for you...

Alpina B7 turbo E12 Pierburg service manuel

Thanks, I have it and so does my shop, I also gave them the wiring schematics for the B6 with the Pierburg injection and Hartig ignition. I can't believe that guy thought my car was destroyed....Haha, uh no, not even close. I checked out the Alpina Archive Registry and wish I knew what those colors are, only black makes sense.....does the value go down if I paint my car? What colors are the most popular and least? Thanks for your feedback, you are a trusted source, my friend!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I second that!!!

If you want a hot modified turbo 6, build one. Don't modify the Alpina. Besides, these early cars in particular make a very bad platform for modification, unless you just start scrapping fuel and ignition systems wholesale which would be, as mentioned, a crime.
I will definitely give you a call one day, my phone is good for the whole U.S. You know more than I do and your car looks the most like mine so far that I have seen....so I want to get it to run and than I can have lots of pictures like you do. I only have so many pics. right now because it has been a someday project for along time and at my shop forever, they like having it. I have just used my 5 series but I want both now. Does it really matter if it has a lot or a little milage on it ....the cars are rare but not worth anything, does it matter if I paint it.....I am only going to do cosmetic modifications nothing permanent, I will keep it vintage, I promise.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts