BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That's an M88 from an E28 M5 or E24 M635 (or possibly from a South African E23 745i before some clever-dick says it.)

Nice car but I'd prefer an original E9 CSL.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Lots of corrosion on components in the engine bay , not a good sign

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks like an olddddddddd install that hasn't been looked after, cosmetically at least. looking at picture 13 I think, the masking for the rear window appears to still be attached, the vin plates appear to be mounted in rust and if the drivers seat has only seen 2000 miles I'd hate to see the backside that did that to it. I was under the impression that cars don't really rust in California?

$59000 for a tired looking E9, mine must be worth at least £50,000 if that's legit.hiha

A friend bought a fully restored, modern modified (3.5 motronic engine, 5 speed box, uprated suspension and brakes) taiga green 2800 coupe about 7 years ago for around £15000.

Lot of money but the work had been superbly done and he's put well over 100,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
looks like an e28 M5 motor.

This look like a S38 to me (the first gen) but the one installed in the 3.0Csi is a M88, single row chain but with equal lenght header and more agressive camshafts, making it bit mor epower vs the S38 I think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts