BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback on going from stock 19"s with Contis to 20" with PS2

specifically, 20x9 and 20x10 ACS Type V

Is it much easier to curb the rim by hitting a pothole? Theres very little tire there..

Harsher ride?

thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
sure you have to be careful with 20's...
but the Type V rims are the Best IMO

·
Registered
386 Posts
Are Type V forged?? When you get in the 20 inch rim range, one usually reduces tire profile to offset the increase in diameter. If you have potholes where you live, the bigger concern than scratching/curbing a rim is bending one IMO.

I have hit many a pothole in my life, most of them with my HRE's and have not scratched or bent the wheel. This has been with 20's and sometimes the tires are 25 series in profile. HRE's are forged and are stronger than cast wheels. This doesnt mean they wont bend but it takes much more to do it.

As for harshness, there is always an increase in road feel and bumpiness associated with the decrease in sidewall. For me the tradeoff is minimal but the gain in looks is huge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup the Type V is forged and very light (low 20) They are the only rims I would consider :)

increase in road feel would be good.. more bumpy, my passengers are already complaining as it is lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
yup the Type V is forged and very light (low 20) They are the only rims I would consider :)

increase in road feel would be good.. more bumpy, my passengers are already complaining as it is lol
tell the passengers to get their own ride:1:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol IMO rims on the M6 should be concave like stock..

ACS Type Vs look "right" on the car and maintains a similarity to the stock look

well I broke down and ordered them.. will post pics in about 3 weeks? lol

here it is on white

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
lol IMO rims on the M6 should be concave like stock..

ACS Type Vs look "right" on the car and maintains a similarity to the stock look

well I broke down and ordered them.. will post pics in about 3 weeks? lol

here it is on white

These are the only rims I would consider over the stock five spokes. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because I think the stock five-spokes are the nicest stock rims I've seen in any car yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts