BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I used to bash people who drove in P400 mode a lot.....which makes no sense when you buy an M, even if you're in the city. The throttle response difference, extra power, etc.....why'd you get the M if you mostly keep in P400?

Fast forward......

Well, I ruptured my Achillies Tendon and had surgery on my right foot/leg (driving foot). I'm forced to drive with my left, which is a bit uncomfortable, but very doable. That said, P400 is makes it a LOT smoother since the throttle isn't nearly as response, and I'm a little herky-jerky driving left footed at low speeds. Never thought I'd say this, but for the first time I'm glad I have P400. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you a speed recovery...... becareful driving, I know that if I had to drive with my left foot (other than a clutch) it would interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's always interesting how pressing clutch with left foot is totally natural yet pressing the gas feels wrong. Good luck and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I hope you recover quickly as well. Very sad to hear about your injury.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I hope you mend well but be careful while driving! Talk about neural remapping!! Good luck and again, please be careful! :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd hit a tree If I had to use my left foot as the gas. Good Luck.

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
353 Posts
Let nobody ever say that P400 is the Achilles heel of the M5. ;- )

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hope you get better soon. :) I was going to ask about the crazy title too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts