BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body got the newer type 18" alpina rims on a bi-turbo and how does it drive with them on, thinking about doing it my self so i can do brake conversion to six pot with 380mm groove disks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We have 18" alpina's of the eight series, fronts are 9.5 rears 10.5 or 11's these run fine, if ur on about standards 18" you should not have any problems :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WASIF said:
We have 18" alpina's of the eight series, fronts are 9.5 rears 10.5 or 11's these run fine, if ur on about standards 18" you should not have any problems :)
wasif what is the pattern, is it the same spokes as the bi-turbo or are they the ones what go on the E39 alpina, the ones im hoping to put on are the E39 alpinas. i know 18" will be okay ive had 19" on an e34 before but i dont want to mess with geometry on the bi-turbo these cars are so sensitive its unbelievable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
M5 Killer

The 8 Series wheels are indentical in style as the origianl 17" except for being wider the rear dish is noticably wider, iI had to use hub loacted spacers on the rear to get the wheels fitting o.k, the 18" from the E39 will fit o.k.

The ride is fine but do get a bit more road noise, the 18" I have used look great give the car more road presence .

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one wasif now all i got to do is find some E39 alpina 18s cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
there is a B10 V8 for sale which has a spare set of 18"s as the owner bought a set of 19"s. He might part with them but they have been refurbished so get ready!

If you find a single or pair of 18" from the B10 for the front I am interested in buying

The B10 V8 can be reached on Autotrader or
Heritage Motor Company Dealer's Website Dealer's Location

Tel: 01252 612400

Distance: 29 miles
Price: £16,750

Good luck

Brian

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got prices for rims work out to about £12-1300 for four from an alpina dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts