BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling a set of four AC Schnitzer type III wheels with tires. The wheels are authentic AC Schnitzer made in Germany, part numbers 3611 46400 stamped on back (see attached photos). 18x8.5 front wheels with an ET 43 and 18x9.5 rear wheels with an ET 21.5. These are e46 fitment but I’m told you can run them on any bmw as long as you have the appropriate hubcentric rings from ACS (not included but available from any ACS dealer).

Front Tires are Toyo proxes with good tread (see photos). Rear is 1 michelin pilot sport with probably 20% tread (I would probably replace soon), and another brand called Wanli which I've never heard of but has good tread)

I’m a bit particular so I want to give an honest impression of the wheels. They look good but they are not perfect. All have some rash. They also were repainted in silver and clear coated, and while in general it is a decent job and matches well, you can see some streaks if you look closely along where the spokes meet. Also one wheel has a small bend in the inside lip (not visible when on the car). Picture included of that as well. All wheels hold air. I have three center caps in good condition. Missing one. No cracks or other issues.

These wheels are $4000 new. AC Schnitzer Type III Wheel Set 18x8.5 18x9.5 BMW 3 Series E46 incl M3. Given that they are not perfect, I’d like $1350 including tires, which I think is extremely fair and amongst the lowest I've ever seen these advertised for. I will not separate tires as my current wheels are 17’s. Wheels are located in Los Angeles. I will ship anywhere at buyer’s expense.

I am also open to trades for e39 fitment wheels only. For OEM I’d consider style 5’s, 18” style 42’s, or M parallels. Aftermarket, any original BBS, ACS, Hartge, Hamann or Alpina. The only rep I’d consider is linea corse.

Please PM me with questions/offers.

Thanks guys and hope everyone is enjoying their sunday,

Dan

Wheel 1

Wheel 2

Wheel 3

Wheel 4

Tread

Stamps

Examples of Imperfections

Bend

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, price is OBO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So AC Schnitzer wheels all come with a large hub bore and require hub centric rings from AC Schnitzer to be run. These were designed for the e46 but I'm told that with the proper hub centric ring from ACS and a spacer they can be run on an e39. I haven't personally tried though.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Its true. Acs has green centering rings for their wheel center bore to for the e39. I bight a set for my type II's

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Do you have the weights of each rim? Either with or without tires is good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe they are about 24lbs each without tires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So confirmed, authentic ACS hub centric rings are available from CEC wheels (www.cecwheels.com) if needed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All PM's responded to, still for sale

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cannot pm yet.

Would you be willing to sell the rims seperate from the tires. I would not need the tires.

As far as e39 rims go. I have a set of 18x8.5 et13 Chrome beyron m-par reps, as well as a set of 17x8 et 20 Genuine bbs style 5 rims.

I am located in ohio, if either of the rims interest you in trade we can crossship or something.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cannot pm yet.

Would you be willing to sell the rims seperate from the tires. I would not need the tires.

As far as e39 rims go. I have a set of 18x8.5 et13 Chrome beyron m-par reps, as well as a set of 17x8 et 20 Genuine bbs style 5 rims.

I am located in ohio, if either of the rims interest you in trade we can crossship or something.
Hey 00Smurf, it would be hard for me to ship without the tires just because I don't have any 18" wheels and it'll be difficult to sell the tires by themselves. Let's talk about it further though, if we can work something out I'm open to it. Could you email me please at [email protected] and would you mind including some photos of the style 5's?

Thanks for the interest!
Dan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bump

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, for some it reason won't let me edit the post above, but I have a correction to make. Wheels are actually 18x8.5 square. Sorry about that. I saw the part number and assumed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump, OBO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bump

·
Registered