BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Did anybody catch the bottom of the article ([URL="http://www.dinancars.com/store/High-...59-p-3835.html)that"]http://www.dinancars.com/store/High-...59-p-3835.html)that[/URL] says they wil be coming out with a mid section exhaust and underdrive pulleys?? I could swear i remeber a huge write up by them saying pulleys were not a safe way to gain horsepower because of the harmonic dampening.??????:eek:
Steve Dinan has been quoted many times as saying pulley's were bad.:nono:

Wonder what caused him to flip flop on the issue?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Umm....

Steve Dinan has been quoted many times as saying pulley's were bad.:nono:

Wonder what caused him to flip flop on the issue?:dunno:
His writings and comments were relative to prior gen cars. They've been developing/testing a pulley for V10's for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
His writings and comments were relative to prior gen cars. They've been developing/testing a pulley for V10's for quite some time.
True,

As I read, when tried to be placed in the context the E60, the "white paper" on "under-drive pulley's" was referring specifically to other motors, such as in the E46 M3's. The issues were in fact, harmonic dampening.

The poster of this issue tried to cross reference it into the E60/E63 M5/M6 context. I admit, even though I clearly understood the context of the article, it made me question the pulley I had installed in my car. And I still think about it today. That is, benefit to risk ratio.:dunno:

Can't totally blame Dinan if the article was taken out of its intended focus. However, there was not much to correct the application of the thread and, once again, a perceived black eye if Dinan does produce a product that has been deemed, by them as unbenifitial and potential harmful.

I don't know. I am new to the Dinan products as it relates to the E60. The debates are interesting and can not be discounted. Their exhaust, however, has, and seems, to fair well!
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Are those 16 strokers US or worldwide?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Are those 16 strokers US or worldwide?
They don't have a dealership network outside North America (U.S. and Canada). 'Suppose it's possible somebody overseas bought an engine; or shipped their car to Dinan. 'Suspect that's highly unlikely, but I've seen/heard just about everything. One never knows.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would belevie US only. I am curois how many M6 converted and maybe any M6 Convertible?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
It's amazing that none of Dinan's customers are among us, or even known to anyone on the board. must be really thin air where those boys are flyin'.................. :dunno:

·
Registered
501 Posts
It's amazing that none of Dinan's customers are among us, or even known to anyone on the board. must be really thin air where those boys are flyin'.................. :dunno:
This is not true DRM has info on the car that got his built at All German Auto. Was in the break in process and due for a comparison very soon.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well......

'Not surprised. I'm going to second "Wilsodh" (Dave, owner of El Diablo) comments in a post on another related, concurrent thread. Only a small % of ALL M5/M6 (from every generation) owners are members of this Board; and even a smaller % actually post. 'Suspect the simple reason is non (or inactive) members don't spend time on internet forums. 'Doesn't mean they aren't passionate high performance car enthusiasts.

For example, there are 35+ E39 M5 Dinan S/C'd S3 cars out there. Yet, the first board member (Fast 5) to post having one was ~2 years after Dinan offered the pkg. His was #18. Today, only six S3 owners (7, if you count a Board sponsor who has one) are members here; and only 3 of us are active. The other 3 reported getting theirs completed, but we haven't heard from them since.

Member "Keang24" (Kenny) and I have both witnessed a Dinan "Stroker" (plus all ancillary new gen S3 pkg components) being installed on an M6, by a local Dinan dealer. 'Car is completed and owner has very recently finished breaking it in. I'm told the owner has agreed to participate in a video shoot, comparing his car, side by side with an S/C'd Dinan E39 M5 S3. I've been promised an invite to this by the shop owner, whenever it gets scheduled.

I could recite 'shop owners comments about performance of this M6; but it would be third party hearsay. I'll wait to meet and interview the M6 owner; get vids of his car in action; encourage him to join/participate with this Board.

Stay tuned.........:)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Clarification....

This is not true DRM knows the person that got his built at All German Auto. Was in the break in process and due for a comparison very soon.
'Don't "know" the M6 owner; 'haven't met him yet. See my post #15.:)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
As much as people talk about how overpriced the stroker is and
berate Dinan it doesn't really surprise me that nobody has stepped
forward and announced that they've gone S3 E60/63/64 or stroker.

Now I suspect that should someone come forward with the package
there will naturally be a lot of questions and requests. Perhaps these
are reasons why those that have it remain anonymous.

It would be great if Gustav can get an S3 out to his shootout. Gustav,
are you trying to contact willing owners?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Dan, let me tag along with you when they ready to do a shoot out.:cheers:

I just wish my car is fast enough to compare with those beast, :blink:

'Not surprised. I'm going to second "Wilsodh" (Dave, owner of El Diablo) comments in a post on another related, concurrent thread. Only a small % of ALL M5/M6 (from every generation) owners are members of this Board; and even a smaller % actually post. 'Suspect the simple reason is non (or inactive) members don't spend time on internet forums. 'Doesn't mean they aren't passionate high performance car enthusiasts.

For example, there are 35+ E39 M5 Dinan S/C'd S3 cars out there. Yet, the first board member (Fast 5) to post having one was ~2 years after Dinan offered the pkg. His was #18. Today, only six S3 owners (7, if you count a Board sponsor who has one) are members here; and only 3 of us are active. The other 3 reported getting theirs completed, but we haven't heard from them since.

Member "Keang24" (Kenny) and I have both witnessed a Dinan "Stroker" (plus all ancillary new gen S3 pkg components) being installed on an M6, by a local Dinan dealer. 'Car is completed and owner has very recently finished breaking it in. I'm told the owner has agreed to participate in a video shoot, comparing his car, side by side with an S/C'd Dinan E39 M5 S3. I've been promised an invite to this by the shop owner, whenever it gets scheduled.

I could recite 'shop owners comments about performance of this M6; but it would be third party hearsay. I'll wait to meet and interview the M6 owner; get vids of his car in action; encourage him to join/participate with this Board.

Stay tuned.........:)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep.....

Dan, let me tag along with you when they ready to do a shoot out.:cheers:
No problem, Kenny. I'll give you a "heads up" when I hear from Martin.:)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If you bring Kenny in your car, don't be surprised if you don't develop some "cranky noises"!:eek:oohhh:

Don't worry though, it'll go away when Kenny gets out!:haha:

Sorry Kenny, I couldn't resist!ouich
:hihi:

But yes, let us know how the shoot out goes!;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts