BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Just changed my 4.3 screen for a 16.9 screen.Everything works as before but only shows on screen in 4.3 format.
I know that I would need to upgrade the TV tuner to 16.9 widescreen version,but will that make everything else
fill the screen.I assumed the TV tuner upgrade only applied to the TV!What should I do?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diny,Just had a pm from Cemessi ,who advised what to do!
Can pull a lead from TV and attach to Nav unit in place of one there for the time being.Will lose TV
but will have rest in 16.9,until I can get 16.9 TV tuner.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
That's very odd. I originally had the MKII nav unit with the 4:3, then got the MKIII, then the 16:9, then the MKIV, and now back tot he MKII and never had any issues (that weren't resolved by unplugging and plugging back in).

You keep saying "TV," so do you have a TV tuner? That may be the culprit.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its the TV tuner which I can get around now thanks to advise from Cemessi

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Unfortunatally the older TV modules will only display 4:3 even on the 16:9 screen. Nothing you can do except either disconnect the TV module or get a newer version. Depending on the exact wireing in your car you may find that simply bypassing the TV module by moving the blue plug will cause the Nav audio instructions to stop working, this can be fixed by moving some of the pins in the blue plug.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunatally the older TV modules will only display 4:3 even on the 16:9 screen. Nothing you can do except either disconnect the TV module or get a newer version. Depending on the exact wireing in your car you may find that simply bypassing the TV module by moving the blue plug will cause the Nav audio instructions to stop working, this can be fixed by moving some of the pins in the blue plug.
Thanks Richard,
I,ve disconnected the TV tuner and plugged the blue block into the blue on sat nav.The screen now displays in full width but I,ll have to wait till i need the sat nav to see if I've lost any audio.If thats the case I,ll look out for a more up to date tuner module,and put the plugs back.Hardly seems worth it though with the TV going to be switched off in the not to distant future

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couldn't wait for tomorrow.Went out,plummed in a local destination and it worked fine with full audio!
On another note:- Is there a splash screen option to have on it ?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to update the firmware to one with a splash screen. Ideally you need to do that to a MK4 ;)
Ok.
I'll wait till I upgrade that side of things,but can I just say many thanks for your help etc over my first mod!
Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts