BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know the part number for this unit , im looking to upgrade my useless tape deck to a cd player.. i already have the changer but im thinking if im upgrading already why not go with cd.

·
Registered
977 Posts
They never made an indash 16:9 NAV with CD to fit in the 5 series or X5. There is one for E46 3 series, that appears to be the same size, but the button layout is different as is the front of the case of the NAV, so it may not fit. And if it did fit, the front of the case design being different would look slightly odd in the dash.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
There is no alternative and no CD player to replace the tape deck from BMW. Enough money and you can do anything. Get newer technology than CDs if you have the money

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help , wonder why in even in 2003 they felt the need a put a cassette deck, this is my second bmw, first being a 2000 328isc and now this one that has not seen a tape in it yet :3:

·
Registered
977 Posts
blown 2.8 said:
thanks for the help , wonder why in even in 2003 they felt the need a put a cassette deck, this is my second bmw, first being a 2000 328isc and now this one that has not seen a tape in it yet :3:
I suppose you could look at it 2 ways in the M5... The CD Changer is standard, so they give you both options.

But since it's the same NAV from X5 and the regular 5 series, which don't have a changer standard, it's totally stupid and no good reason. I can't even fathom why they did tape even back in 2000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts