BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I looked at that car and I dont get this about ebay and how can they say no reserve...there actually is a "reserve". If the price "starts" at 26,000 thats the reserve. "No reserve" to me means the prices starts at some ridiculous low amount like $500. :dunno:

Nothing personal OP but if it wasnt jet black I'd be looking into this one with that mileage.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd never seen the Automobile.com write up before on the M5 that is featured in this eBay listing. I found the following interesting:

Under the aluminum hood, there's nothing to ooh or ahh over, as plastic pretty much covers everything. Thick intake tubes flow from the big airbox on top of the engine, down and forward of the wheelwells. A special induction system with dual air cleaners and airflow meters and eight throttles feeds big wind to this heavy breather. The handsome ribbed valve covers are visible, at least, as is a badge on top that announces BMW MPower. But you'll never impress anyone who asks to see what's under the hood. “Hmh,” is the likely reaction. Tell them how many liters of air per second the engine swallows, that'll impress 'em.

Huh? Are we talking about the same M5? I'm not sure what plastic they are talking about in the engine bay, but I'm pretty confident that nobody I've ever opened the hood for has gone "Hmh." It's more like "woof, that is a beautiful engine."

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd never seen the Automobile.com write up before on the M5 that is featured in this eBay listing. I found the following interesting:

Under the aluminum hood, there's nothing to ooh or ahh over, as plastic pretty much covers everything. Thick intake tubes flow from the big airbox on top of the engine, down and forward of the wheelwells. A special induction system with dual air cleaners and airflow meters and eight throttles feeds big wind to this heavy breather. The handsome ribbed valve covers are visible, at least, as is a badge on top that announces BMW MPower. But you'll never impress anyone who asks to see what's under the hood. “Hmh,” is the likely reaction. Tell them how many liters of air per second the engine swallows, that'll impress 'em.

Huh? Are we talking about the same M5? I'm not sure what plastic they are talking about in the engine bay, but I'm pretty confident that nobody I've ever opened the hood for has gone "Hmh." It's more like "woof, that is a beautiful engine."
They must be confused with most MB engine bays.....

·
Registered
848 Posts
I looked at that car and I dont get this about ebay and how can they say no reserve...there actually is a "reserve". If the price "starts" at 26,000 thats the reserve. "No reserve" to me means the prices starts at some ridiculous low amount like $500. :dunno:

Nothing personal OP but if it wasnt jet black I'd be looking into this one with that mileage.
No reserve means the highest bidder wins the car, with a reserve that might not be the case if the reserve price is not met. Starting price doesnt matter.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Sweet car, but I think 26k is fantasyland. Can't wait to see if it sells.

Just noticed this: 4 owners. A little shady if you ask me. 4 people owned it and all decided not to drive it? Seems odd.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have been in touch with the owner thru ebay.

"Good morning!
1. The build date is 11/1999.
2. I cannot tell what the tire dates are - they are not easily listed
on the tires. But I can tell you this. One year ago the car went
through BMW inspection and back then the tires were almost
brand new and today they are still brand new looking...I am
guessing the previous owner replaced them in the last few years.
3. No reserve - starting bid is $26,500. I do hope that it goes
over $30K, but I cannot control what happens.

This car is perfect. It is as good as you will find any where in the
world, if you were looking for an E39 M5. I looked for many
years until I found and bought this car. I am a BMWCCA member
with 10 other cars and have many resources. You will NOT be
disappointed. I am selling some toys to focus on my Porsche
race car/team...Days are only so long and I need to spend time
between family, toys, and work...GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND I
HOPE THAT TEXAS IS WARMER THAN IL RIGHT NOW! :)"

"You are asking great questions.

1. I am the 3rd. owner so I do not know what was done before me. The second owner titled it twice as I was told by the dealer and that is why it looks like there were 4 owners. By the way, the dealer told me that the car was owned by 2 fanatics and they knew them....But I can tell you that this car absolutely babied...I cannot imagine that it was short changed or not babied during its lifetime. The previous owner apparantly took it to car shows and his license plate was ALZ BABY!!!

2. As far as the oil, I bought TWS 10/60 from Bavarian Auto and Mann filter and replaced it twice. I also bought the rear axle oil and transmission oil from Bavarion Auto and replaced those also...

3. The date code(tires). I found the following numbers: e2 0293530 but there are a lot of other numbers...I can't crawl on the floor tonight since we are going out with the family.

As far as price; I am not in a rush. And I am not in sales; which means what I tell you is what I know and are pure facts. My starting bid is $26,500 and I am 100% confident that this vehicle will sell in the next few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. For reference please take a look at ebay#: 120650191228

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
TAKE CARE. "
:checkeredflag:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Sweet car, but I think 26k is fantasyland. Can't wait to see if it sells.

Just noticed this: 4 owners. A little shady if you ask me. 4 people owned it and all decided not to drive it? Seems odd.
+1
hiha

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have been in touch with the owner thru ebay.

"Good morning! I am a BMWCCA member with 10 other cars and have many resources.
I love that line. Why doesn't he just come out and say "I have a wicked lot of money!"?? Oh, wait! he has a lot of resources so he isn't selling the car because he needs the *money* so there mustn't be anything wrong with it!

Neither of the "3" owner drove the car more than an average of 5,000 miles??? I've put that on the ///M in 1 road trip!
Who titles their car twice? That's like shaving twice before leaving for work.

Just sayin'....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I like the ................." I am selling some toys to focus on my Porsche race car/team". I ask what the date code on the tires are.

Maybe someone could confirm this. Do race car tires have that oval stamp that DOT approved tires have of the week and year made on them?
:santasmile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts