146 ON EBAY ROLL UP

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  kees 
#1 ·
CAR 146 UP FOR SALE ON EBAY
COOKIE:nono:

#5 ·
#3 ·
no.13 Lucky for me!

First of all i would like to say hello and introduce myself as the much talked about no.13s new owner.
Yes I am that lucky person you won it on ebay,why didn't anyone bid!
Well i'm glad nobody did as iI wouldn't be the new owner!

All i can say is that Dave was a very honourable man for letting such a great car go through with no reserve and not pulling it at the last moment or having the car 'bid up'!
He was a pleasure to deal with and totaly inspired me with confidance on the phone prior to bidding.

Being the fortunate owner of a few exciting porsche's and oher classics and a e34 3.8 M5,i can only say what fun and i can see why they are so popular.I have been using the car the last two days in the rain:D,say no more.

So all i can say is i was lucky to get such a deal,thanks Dave!

Thanks DaveHutch

#7 · (Edited)
First of all i would like to say hello and introduce myself as the much talked about no.13s new owner.
Yes I am that lucky person you won it on ebay,why didn't anyone bid!
Well i'm glad nobody did as iI wouldn't be the new owner!

All i can say is that Dave was a very honourable man for letting such a great car go through with no reserve and not pulling it at the last moment or having the car 'bid up'!
He was a pleasure to deal with and totaly inspired me with confidance on the phone prior to bidding.

Being the fortunate owner of a few exciting porsche's and oher classics and a e34 3.8 M5,i can only say what fun and i can see why they are so popular.I have been using the car the last two days in the rain:D,say no more.

So all i can say is i was lucky to get such a deal,thanks Dave!

Thanks DaveHutch
Welcome to the board Dave,

I am glad 13 has gone to someone enthusiastic enough to post on the forum. As the others have said a wealth of info on this board by people alot more knowledgeable than me on the technical aspects of these cars.

Take some photos of 13 and put them up on the picture thread. Best of luck with her, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Regards,

Bayerische

#4 ·
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum .

I am truly happy that she went to somebody who has the enthusiasm and resources to look after her , it's just a shame that I didn't get a bit more of your hard earned in exchange !

Congratulations m8 and thanks for staying in touch . I am sure that the knowledgable members on here will be happy to give you any guidance that you require !

Enjoy the car ......

D

#6 ·
faz lets not get into prices again
but am suprized that the the reserve was set so low what was the point in putting one on so low.
298k even if well looked after that is a lot of use by anyones standards.
going on no13s about 2 grand .
no13 and 146 if it is not pulled will set a intresting even if not correct benchmark.
mfiver is another new car that has turned up ????????
cookie

#10 ·
Hello Chaps,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Congrats to Davehutch on becoming the proud new owner of number 13.
Ive not been on the board long and haven’t been an M5 owner for long either but you only need to read through a few posts to know Davidoli knows his M5’s so it must be a nice car. Im very pleased its gone to a good home.
<o:p></o:p>
For the right money I will bid for 146. 298k or not I still think there’s life in the old girl yet.
I did talk to the guy selling it and he seems a good guy. My only worry was that he said a few people were interested in the car but they want to break it. I really hope this doesn’t happen.
Cheers
Alan

#12 ·
Hello Chaps,
ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Congrats to Davehutch on becoming the proud new owner of number 13.
Ive not been on the board long and haven’t been an M5 owner for long either but you only need to read through a few posts to know Davidoli knows his M5’s so it must be a nice car. Im very pleased its gone to a good home.
<O:p></O:p>
For the right money I will bid for 146. 298k or not I still think there’s life in the old girl yet.
I did talk to the guy selling it and he seems a good guy. My only worry was that he said a few people were interested in the car but they want to break it. I really hope this doesn’t happen.
Cheers
Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the congrats,I'm enjoying the driving of no.13 emensely,so much so I'll think i will take it to work today.
Hopeing for a dry weekend to give it a good clean and detail.Planning on getting some paint done,wheels refurbed and a few other bits,so it can become one of the pretty gang!Not saying that its ugly of course!

The grey one is got to worth saving,good luck in bidding!

Dave.

#11 ·
Good morning Honest Al .

Thanks for your words of acknowledgement .

My ethic has always been the same . Acquire a car that has hope , put everything right and give her a new lease of life .

Unfortunately , there are many out there that see the value of a rare car in parts . With some of the recent detractors out there doing their utmost to convince us that these rare beauties are overvalued , who can blame them ?

I agree , it would be a crying shame for this , once cherished E28 M5 , to end up in bits .

#13 ·
Welcome dave

It must be comforting for David that despite the low equity transfer, the 'enthusiast factor' prevails.

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
The threadstarter was banned by Adminsitration ( plural, not singular)
The decision to ban was made based on separate incontrovertable
evidence as a result of a investigation.
A number of related incidents made the decision unavoidable.
Dual Identities are forbidden on this messageboard
Undermining or trolling of members & posts is forbidden on this messageboard.

We don't support dishonest behaviour here.
I hope the banned member was acting alone.

I & RaymondW have asked that this matter be closed.
That goes for all parties.

Farrell

#17 ·
I hope the banned member was acting alone.

I & RaymondW have asked that this matter be closed.
That goes for all parties.

Farrell
If that's a question to me, then he certainly wasn't acting with along with me. To be honest, I never took to his online persona, it's just a question of fairness and transparency. FYI I am known by the same username on just about every BMW forum.

I'm sure we'd all like to see it closed, but my point was that it smacks of neoptism that Davidoli's side has been aired and the other party's can't. My experience suggest that there are always two sides to any story.

Perhaps we should remember that it's only a daft wee car forum, it's not of national importance and posts critical of the forum or the administrators' or members' views or actions are all part of life's rich tapestry.

Over administration soon becomes censorship and comments such as,

"I will however be looking very carefully at all future threads & discussing
content with others Mods when values & Ebay appear." do worry me a little.

Why would you do that?

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Guys , let be perfectly honest here ......

Cookie's behaviour and lack of conviction in his opinions resulted in him posting deliberately antagonistic comments on an enthusiasts forum , read the world over .......just type E28 M5 into the world's largest search engine and see what comes up !

The bottom line is No 013 was a whole lot more car than 0146 and for some reason ( we all have an opinion ) this wasn't reflected in the recent market activity .

These are great cars and need to be appreciated !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.