BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the new Road % Track over the maiil yesterday and...

That's pretty much what they had on their title!
Reading the cars specs, 0 to 60 (4.8), and 1/4 mile (13.4)...this is fairly close to our s isn't it???

I can't wait to see the "real" numbers once the tuners get a hold of it.I'm sure Vishnu already got it in coming...This car is going to be a rocket, due to the weight (3340) on this missile.

The car already has 300 hp & 300 lbs. ft of torque as early as 1400 RPM. There is talk of 380 hp & 380 Lbs. ft of torque with any turbo upgrades...

If it wasn't for the size and the need of a backseat & trunk I would be running to closest Dealership to get one.

Needless to say the collector factor on the "Year One of the 1"

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Drove a 135i presscar about 250km last week. It was a shame the weather was so nasty, as rain and cold temps didn't allow full exploration of it's handling. Must say I was VERY impressed by it. Ditch the runflats and CDV, slide in a proper diff and we have a winner. Downside is that every idiot can drive it reasonably quickly though.....

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Downside is that every idiot can drive it reasonably quickly though.....
I drove one over the weekend, with the 6spd auto. All you do is plant your foot and you're hauling some serious @ss.. I was completely blown away by this "bargain bimmer" in almost every way, especially the tuning capability.. Dinan's 335 reflash bumps power to 380ish and torque up to 420. It's wild..

At this elevation (7,000 ft) the car screamed, but once I was back in the M5, the E39 still holds the title for me. It definitely has the edge.. I just wish I could get 80 hp and 120 tq for my M5 for 2k!

Too bad I'm not really into turbo power

- Tim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's what gets me the most!!!
It only takes $2,000 and u get to see insame results
but if we wanna do that it would cost us an additional zero

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
+1 on that

·
Registered
241 Posts
i saw the same article. amazing straight line performance. i still think our cars are some of the best looking bmws ever made though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is shocking. I should think twice before racing 135 or 335. Great video. M5 wins that puts a smile on my face

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is shocking. I should think twice before racing 135 or 335. Great video. M5 wins that puts a smile on my face
Thing is, on the streets or a 1/4 mile track the 335 will beat the m5. But just put it this way, they have forced induction and 9-5 years on us haha.

·
Registered
484 Posts
A Lightly tuned 335i: :eek:

Great sounds!

If that's the Vishnu 335i, I wonder how much faster the Vishnu 135i will be.
The 135i is several hundred pounds lighter stock.

135i curb weight 3196 lbs
335i curb weight 3571 lbs

Salty.
(still in Edmonton and holding out for severe snow meltage)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am pretty sure that these are not the right weight for these cars. Most of the published weight has been about 100 to 150lb differences between the 135i and the 335i. On the latest issue of windingroad.com the 135i they tested was listed as 3373lb. Personally, I I'd rather take small weight penalty of the 335i than have to deal with the uglier and thighter interior of the 135i.

A Lightly tuned 335i: :eek:

Great sounds!

If that's the Vishnu 335i, I wonder how much faster the Vishnu 135i will be.
The 135i is several hundred pounds lighter stock.

135i curb weight 3196 lbs
335i curb weight 3571 lbs

Salty.
(still in Edmonton and holding out for severe snow meltage)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am pretty sure that these are not the right weight for these cars. Most of the published weight has been about 100 to 150lb differences between the 135i and the 335i. On the latest issue of windingroad.com the 135i they tested was listed as 3373lb. Personally, I I'd rather take small weight penalty of the 335i than have to deal with the uglier and thighter interior of the 135i.

You are right dmz.
My mistake - I read the curb weight for the 128i by accident.

The 135i is quoted at 3373-3450 lbs depending on the article.

I still do not understand how BMW can charge $11,000 more for the base 335i in Canada than in the USA.

Salty.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dinan's website has a really great write up on the pitfalls of going with certain turbo software. Turbo's overspooling causing premature wear etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
once i can afford a 135 as a sunday car, it will be mine.

stripped, chipped, coilovers, it will destroy worlds....
This car is going to replace a lot of the STi's and Evo's out there.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
This car is going to replace a lot of the STi's and Evo's out there.
:M5thumbs: I would certainly spend $45k for a 135i than $40k for an STI, Add the Dinan upgrade to 380hp and it will kick butt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts