BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

My GF got in a car accident earlier today, and it looks like her car is probably totaled. She's OK, and that's what matters right now :). I think we might be shopping for a new car soon...but we're not completely sure what to get.

It's probably going to be a new car (she wants to do a 2 year lease), although I'd still like to consider a pre-owned if I have my way (I hate the initial depreciation hit, and lease rates on the new 135s seem to be pretty bad due to their new factor).

So far, I've suggested the 135...but she seems to have a thing for the CLS 500/550. I haven't driven either of those cars...driven a few CLS 55s and just recently played with my buddy's CLS 63 (they sound fantastic, but still MB handling and steering feel). And I feel like the CLS is a bit pricier than what I'd like to stay at...although I'm sure she can have me convinced. We're also talking about the 987 Boxster, but I don't see that happening unless I sell my Z4. I've received suggestions for the Lexus IS 250/350 (it's been awhile since I last drove one...briefly drove the F last week, really impressive car, but not our style). Oh yeah, I've always had a thing for girls in E46 M3s (just a personal thing ever since high school), so I'm trying to push her to one of those...but she thinks they look dated (she says the same thing about my M5, but her opinion is null and void when discussing the E39).

Throw out some suggestions that I may have missed. As long as they're not too big or too expensive, we'll entertain them. We'll go shop the list this weekend.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was talking to a BMW sales person on Wednesday about the 135. He says there is a software upgrade that will boost the 300hp/300tq to 380/380. That would be really fun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh yeah, I've always had a thing for girls in E46 M3s (just a personal thing ever since high school)
Which high school was this? I've always had a thing for chicks in black M coupes... but that's just me. :biggrinbounce:

- 335?
- G37S?

..Too broad. What's your style? Err, I mean her style. Clearly you have a thing for the lines of the previous body styles. I personally don't like the lines on the CLS. Again, that's just me.

·
Registered
877 Posts
How many girls could you possibly have known driving E46 M3s... and in high school? I only knew one girl that had a white M3 convertible but she really sucked. +1 on G37S - great cars. IS350s are nice too. I also like the new C-Class Benz.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 135i is hardly a good value by any stretch IMHO. Saw one at the dealer the other day without nav, MSRP over $43,000... 335 coupe all the way.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was talking to a BMW sales person on Wednesday about the 135. He says there is a software upgrade that will boost the 300hp/300tq to 380/380. That would be really fun.
Yup, any of the chips will get you to about that level :).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Which high school was this? I've always had a thing for chicks in black M coupes... but that's just me. :biggrinbounce:

- 335?
- G37S?

..Too broad. What's your style? Err, I mean her style. Clearly you have a thing for the lines of the previous body styles. I personally don't like the lines on the CLS. Again, that's just me.
Some small high school in Hudson, Ohio :). I think I saw a blonde girl with an E46 soon after it came out in 01, and ever since then have been in love with the idea of a girl with a M3 :p.

The 335 is on the list of to considers. I just feel like the 135 is smaller, nimbler. I have a few friends with different 335s (sedans, coupes, convertibles), and I've driven all three...it's a phenomenal car. I guess I'm hoping the 135 is even better due to its slightly smaller size).

And I've driven both the old G35s and the new G37s...very unimpressed. I really don't like the steering feel. She thinks they're ugly, so it rules that car out completely :).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many girls could you possibly have known driving E46 M3s... and in high school? I only knew one girl that had a white M3 convertible but she really sucked. +1 on G37S - great cars. IS350s are nice too. I also like the new C-Class Benz.
Good call on the new C-Class MB...I really like the way it looks :). Added that to the list too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Prolly not quite in the league of other stuff you're looking at, but my wife has really been eyeing the new Volvo C30........

·
Registered
169 Posts
what was your gf driving before? seems like price is not a high priority when comparing cls550 with a 135. What's the budget as far as lease payments or purchase price? Source of funds? hope you're not the one putting up the money if so a civic si is plenty!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Perhaps consider a 3 series convertible, either a 328 or 335?

Total chick car, imo. Cute. Most girls don't need the additional power although some are also speed freaks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know you are against front wheel drive, BUT have you considered the Mini Cooper S? My wife want to get one of these after her X3 lease runs out. From what I've been researching it's a phenomenal car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts