BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
My guess would be #117 in the background.. It sits in the same position as it did during Shmee's visit, albeit on jackstands, and does not seem to have any paintwork.

Here's the battery cooling system to #126 btw. They are working fast, as it was not mounted when the photo J_C posted was taken. Also, I think you can see here (to the left of the battery cooling system) that the Akrapovic exhaust has a different coating than on #114, basically black.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCIpffGOi8q/?taken-by=koenigseggautomotive

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here's the battery cooling system to #126 btw. They are working fast, as it was not mounted when the photo J_C posted was taken. Also, I think you can see here (to the left of the battery cooling system) that the Akrapovic exhaust has a different coating than on #114, basically black.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCIpffGOi8q/?taken-by=koenigseggautomotive
Eumh, that's actually the flux capacitor! That's how they finish before Geneva .. Now they need to visit Ringhals to get the 1.21 gigawatts (no lightnings in Sweden this time of year and Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor was not really realized in 2015) and travel in 88 mph (that's with good margin what a Regera makes stand still). Christian found out flux dispersal is not exclusive for a stainless steel body, carbon fiber is just as influential. Another good thing, the Regera will not malfunction from running on whiskey..

Any guesses on the paint? Looks grey/silverisch but hard to tell..
I think it looks at least as dark as the car in the background!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great to finally see a production spec Regera! I suppose this particular car is destined to become a future press/PR/development vehicle?

It's interesting to see that they have slashed the battery capacity from the planned 9+ kWh to 4.5 kWh. I wonder if this is due to packaging contraints, or if the improved battery tech allowed them to extract the desired power from a smaller pack. In any case it's more than either the P1 or 918, and in the video clip below CvK claims the pack won't be immediately drained during track use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWzoJdmPeM

Another detail I notice is that the prototype's strange third brake light seems to have been replaced by a conventional badge (at least it looks like that). But then where is the third brake light on this car? I can't see it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great to finally see a production spec Regera! I suppose this particular car is destined to become a future press/PR/development vehicle?

It's interesting to see that they have slashed the battery capacity from the planned 9+ kWh to 4.5 kWh. I wonder if this is due to packaging contraints, or if the improved battery tech allowed them to extract the desired power from a smaller pack. In any case it's more than either the P1 or 918, and in the video clip below CvK claims the pack won't be immediately drained during track use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWzoJdmPeM
Supposedly it uses "F1 tech". I assume that's super capacitors of some kind. In general those have higher specific power but lower specific energy than lithium batteries.

I'm happy if they made that move. Some of those technologies also have much longer life span than ordinary batteries. We'll all know for sure in a few days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Alot of development on the batteryside enabled them to get better performance out of the battery, wich enabled them to make it smaller and thereby saving tonnes of weight. It's all in the pressrelease :)

As of #126, it's going to become the factory demo car, and is car #00 in the series of 80. With apparently 40 orders taken since last year, I don't think that it will take long before it's sold out.. First car is to be delivered in 6 months, my guess is that's going to take a bit longer but time will tell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wonder what's going to happen to #114 now if #126 will be the demo car.. Stored away to wait for a Koenigsegg museum to open?