BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Making this thread because 121 should soon be possible to spot? (the larger picture to the right with VIN "visible", at station 6).

The picture is from early September when KS visited the factory. Pictures to the left is probably, from top: parts waiting to be painted 121?, [email protected] and [email protected] last another st2 picture. There should be 8 stations now, not as there used to be 7.

Edit: Judging from the parts not painted yet (the small picture) it will be clear carbon at center of the bonnet and over the roof continuing over the rear bonnet, similar to the red car (assumed to be #119). It will also have the optional (for RS) active aero in the front seen on One:1 and #115 so far (judging from the air outlets at the front bonnet).

·
Registered
376 Posts
We saw silver aircores on the Signapore Agera S one time, interesting to see them reappear on this car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Not convinced by that finish. Look spray can to me...
I would not like to be the person who took the decision: "Yea! Just spray can them silver. Don't forget to mask of the black letters" on a $40000+ set of wheels. What about the poor guy who just grabs the bottle and execute, without coming up with a better idea? There is certainly people who decide someone is going to be murdered for less money... but anyway, seems very unlikely..

Picture [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would not like to be the person who took the decision: "Yea! Just spray can them silver. Don't forget to mask of the black letters" on a $40000+ set of wheels. What about the poor guy who just grabs the bottle and execute, without coming up with a better idea? There is certainly people who decide someone is going to be murdered for less money... but anyway, seems very unlikely..

Picture [email protected]
Hey, money can't buy good taste and the customer is always right!

Good spot! Checked out the brat on IG and had to scroll a lot to find the pics. There was a video clip too. Looked weird with grey and black rims. Well, this was at least 2 years ago and the car's luckily not sporting that crap anymore.

Now we want to see more of #121! Weather is mild. Where is she, local spotters!?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Have not seen this combo before and since the accent colour seems to be Silver I'll put it here until we know better.
Colour of the Caliper should be a hint for the main colour?
Interesting to see KAAB with snow tires on a development car
Snow tires are required by law in Sweden between december 1st and march 31st when the road surface is snowy/icy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Snow tires are required by law in Sweden between december 1st and march 31st when the road surface is snowy/icy.
Very interesting, I was unaware. Perhaps if more people in the U.S were made to use snow tires, we wouldn't have so many accidents every time it snows. I myself utilize them each winter, but for some it is like pulling teeth

·
Registered
344 Posts
In the Shmee factory visit video you can see this car flash by as he takes a look at the golden seats. Parts of it is captured for a second or so... Think its about 12:45 or so.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I noticed that rear wing as well but i thought i saw wrong coz of the fuzzy video.. Thought it might be something in the background or something..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Posted by "Eric Andersson", photo by "Kennie Flenstedt".

Confirms #121 for Geneva (exhaust..), but I guess it's not part of the "final series", and that #118 is?
Basicly looks like a One:1, but with the smaller RS front spoiler, rear wing mounted lower, roof scoop but not with the part on the roof (maybe to be put on later?), the split exhaust outlet and extra hot air outlets in the back (suprised i didn't see them earlier from the pictures I saw...). The wing looks like a combination of the One:1 wing, with the RS end plates?
Will be interesting to see if theres more to it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts