BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1100 on the odo and i noticed something weird when starting up the car it was giving a negative sighn with a number and then on the nav sreeen it was saying service long over due????????huh but i have 900 more miles.what going on?? can i still drive the car?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
1100 on the odo and i noticed something weird when starting up the car it was giving a negative sighn with a number and then on the nav sreeen it was saying service long over due????????huh but i have 900 more miles.what going on?? can i still drive the car?:dunno:
Same. It all depends on how you drive the car. If you baby it.. then it might come on at 1200mi.

Mine came on around 1000mi. Just bring it to the dealer soon / before 1200mi.

·
Registered
538 Posts
1100+900=2,000:dunno:

I can't make sense of your math, but take it to the dealer. Don't worry if you put a few more miles on it. I don't know why it would say "long" over due (sounds like it came due a little over 100 miles ago and maybe you didnt notice), but if you only have 1100 miles on it you should be fine...

1200 miles is an approximation mine went in around 1,040 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
It is true...how you drive it makes a difference on how it figures the mileage when it is due,,......stick to the 1200 miles.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1100+900=2,000:dunno:

I can't make sense of your math, but take it to the dealer. Don't worry if you put a few more miles on it. I don't know why it would say "long" over due (sounds like it came due a little over 100 miles ago and maybe you didnt notice), but if you only have 1100 miles on it you should be fine...

1200 miles is an approximation mine went in around 1,040 if I remember correctly.
its a typo...i meant 90 more miles...i have an appoitment next mon....beast will have to wait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts