BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car with 11000 miles on it. I know the 1200 mile service was completed because it is in the vehicle maintenance records. So why is it now telling me that the 1200 mile service is due?

I scheduled it, and I don't care because it is covered under the maintenance plan, I just thought this is a one time service done to new cars.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I bought my car with 11000 miles on it. I know the 1200 mile service was completed because it is in the vehicle maintenance records. So why is it now telling me that the 1200 mile service is due?

I scheduled it, and I don't care because it is covered under the maintenance plan, I just thought this is a one time service done to new cars.
Is your car an Lci model? If so, the record of the Service should be held on the On Board Computer. My guess is this isn't the case as if the computer recognised the service as having taken place then it wouldn't be giving you a warning.

Check back with the dealer who the book suggests carried out the service & they should be able to update where relevant.

·
Registered
16 Posts

It actually should and probably does say 12,000 mile service since there is an oil change service at that mileage. I had mine in for 12,000 mile service a few months back.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If all was correct the Dash display would not be saying 1200 service due or due in. My car displayed this for a rolling period until it was done & now has a rolling period which is counting down to circa 17000 miles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It actually should and probably does say 12,000 mile service since there is an oil change service at that mileage. I had mine in for 12,000 mile service a few months back.
Well, it does say 1,200 not 12,000. It does not show the oil change due until 12,000 miles when I looked on the maintenance page, I have 11,600 on the car now and it says oil change due in 400 miles.

I guess it doesn't matter and I am having some optional equipment installed during the appointment, so I will keep it and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts