BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
P = Prototype, would be my guess, but I've never seen such a reference on any Koenigsegg chassis before. But it definitely looks like 106.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
I'm very curious to learn more about the tires on the One:1. Supposedly they are rated to 440km/h, which would be far beyond anything previously available, as far as I know. I'd like to hear from Michelin about the development of these tires. God only knows how much they cost!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Interview with CvK about One:1 (I assume, its in Swedish so I have no clue)

Christian von Koenigsegg om nya One:1 - YouTube
Nothing new really about the One:1 other what's already been said, they do talk a bit about Freevalve and that it will definatly be implemented in cars within 5 years.
The next gen Koenigsegg with the technology from the One:1 and hopefully the Freevalve system will make it one hell of a car! :goldcup:

EDIT: For those intrested in the person i though was getting a One:1, just read on his facebook that he would definatly get one if he could afford it, but doesn't have one on order sadly. Josh Cartu was the person, seems like an awesome guy. Canadian entrenpeneur who lives in Europe and races Ferraris.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Cleaned my factory time line after the latest factory pictures. Seems I was wrong in the first post in this thread (the two factory pictures). This is not a One:1, have to be 105 (at station 5, last 2014 Agera?). Seems they shifted order at the production line at some point, confusing me a bit (104 was finished at station 6? and 106 took it's place directly after, leaving 105 behind?)

·
Registered
376 Posts
So wait, 104 was finished before 103, and 105 very soon after 106 and presumably at the same time of 103?

Wouldn't 105 have to have been rushed to be completed in time for NYIAS? I guess the only reason they would do that is if 103 was going to Beijing Auto Show as 101 (wherever it went) and 104 are RHD and 102 is in Saudi Arabia...

·
Registered
344 Posts
So wait, 104 was finished before 103, and 105 very soon after 106 and presumably at the same time of 103?

Wouldn't 105 have to have been rushed to be completed in time for NYIAS? I guess the only reason they would do that is if 103 was going to Beijing Auto Show as 101 (wherever it went) and 104 are RHD and 102 is in Saudi Arabia...
I think customer demands such as bits of clear carbon, special interior pieces etc can make the production time different as well. I think its a combination of being in a hurry with a certain car and the spec who really sets the time.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Seems the picture of covered One:1 was removed.. Here is another one with it totally wrapped up!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
#106 is sold! When Koenigsegg are done with it it's going to the UK. So the question is, is it still #106 + 6 One:1s or is #106 one of the 6? If its 6+1 the then i assume 2 One:1s in the UK!

My theory, Saywell regreted not buying one (i'm sure he was offered one), contacted Koenigsegg, was offered #106 and traded in #084.
Jens mentioned it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CA9QlmTb4c

·
Registered
232 Posts
Interesting to see that they would sell the testing car, and not build another one. I know they are limiting production to just the 7, but one would guess if Saywell could convince them to sell this to him, he could have just had a new car spec'd as well.

If he does indeed get the car, it will be at least one of the 7 in the public eye quite frequently.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts