1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think "only"(?) 5 cars are for China, and 1-2 (so far) cars to customers outside China? And the price in China will probably be twice $2M (luxury are heavily taxed in China).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think "only"(?) 5 cars are for China, and 1-2 (so far) cars to customers outside China? And the price in China will probably be twice $2M (luxury are heavily taxed in China).
i guess the price $2M is before taxes :crying2:
To me this price is quite realistic because with the standard agera r you have quite a really good base: everything is extreme from scratch so for the one:1 the work was "basic" : aero, update engine and a new active suspension.
But don't get wrong I known it represents a masterpiece of engineering. :goldcup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
i guess the price $2M is before taxes :crying2:
To me this price is quite realistic because with the standard agera r you have quite a really good base: everything is extreme from scratch so for the one:1 the work was "basic" : aero, update engine and a new active suspension.
But don't get wrong I known it represents a masterpiece of engineering. :goldcup:
The price for a special edition rarely has anything to do with the actual cost of the upgrades over a standard car, it is about the value of limited production, and rarity. It also has to do with what people will pay for it, ex the Lamborghini Veneno / Veneno Roadster, Aventador costs $450K, the special rare version sells 3 examples at almost $5M USD.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I still think it's an economic loss as long as they only sell 5-7 cars .. New carbon fiber molds, expensive consults and other costs. But there is probably "wins" in the PR end..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The price for a special edition rarely has anything to do with the actual cost of the upgrades over a standard car, it is about the value of limited production, and rarity. It also has to do with what people will pay for it, ex the Lamborghini Veneno / Veneno Roadster, Aventador costs $450K, the special rare version sells 3 examples at almost $5M USD.
I don't think that's the case here, it's just not some extra carbon fibre and extra details in the One:1. To my knowledge it's been under development for over 2 years, alot of work has been put into it. All that development cost has to be spread out on 6 cars, wich is why even though the extreme pricetag will mean that Koenigsegg are making a loss on each car.

The One:1 project is probally a very good investment for Koenigsegg anyway, alot of tech from this + that all the hype around it will help selling more cars.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't think that's the case here, it's just not some extra carbon fibre and extra details in the One:1. To my knowledge it's been under development for over 2 years, alot of work has been put into it. All that development cost has to be spread out on 6 cars, wich is why even though the extreme pricetag will mean that Koenigsegg are making a loss on each car.

The One:1 project is probally a very good investment for Koenigsegg anyway, alot of tech from this + that all the hype around it will help selling more cars.
In this exact case I would agree and say that the R&D costs do play a factor in price, but as a whole on special editions from Mclaren, Ferrari, Lamborgihni, Pagani etc it is a lot of times just premiums for having a rarer example

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This car is nuts. This is thing literally puts everything out there to shame by a huge margin..
I can't wait for some tests to really see how fast this thing is.

Since they are building 6 cars + 1 test car I would assume this might be the test car?

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
It's funny how it all worked out, with the LaFerrari/P1/918/Veneno all coming out last year. People (I sheepishly admit even myself a bit) wondered how Koenigsegg could keep up, with all the tech those cars brought (except maybe the Veneno). All along Christian was doing this thing. We heard rumors of it, but nothing like this.

The One:1 will have the show all to itself. What a way to make the biggest splash.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes, this is the development car. 6 more will be built.

I can't wait to see the other paint schemes.

On an somewhat unrelated note, anyone else find it hilarious that almost-owner of #92 BC said the SuperVeyron was real and that the One:1 was just a rumour...and now its the complete opposite :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Still dont get how this could street legal but damn thats an awesome car!! If the downforce is as affective as they say, i dont see any competition what so ever to this car.. Maybe on a very very tight track where i guess all power will be negative.. Honestly i think we have our next Top Gear track champion here!! And i will smoke everything on the green hell.. 6:20 - 6:30??

1 - 20 of 68 Posts