BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Being delivered to her new owner from Supervettura this week.. Late delivery, or wasnt she even close to completed at the autoshow?
Seeing/hearing her first hand I would have to say she was pretty close back at the autoshow. Maybe the software wasn't fully finished, but I can't imagine that it took this long to just finish that aspect. Fit and finish on the car seemed really nice, and the engine obviously was working. Wonder what took so long

·
Registered
344 Posts
Maybe she has been touring through some dealerships in Asia (?) to show clients? Think i saw a picture some time ago with her at an Asian autoshow as well?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It's not that unusual with late delivery. Was at the factory turntable in May, that's usually indicating finished car ready for delivery. Back in the days of CCR several cars (at least #009/#014/#021) was used as "factory car light", show/demos/photo for some months before they where delivered to their final customers (alongside the "real" factory car #001). Geneva cars are also often used for PR/Show one or two months after Geneva. #085 was seemingly finished in July, shown at Top Marques Macau in November, only to go back to the factory and stay there until Febryary. I think #105 was announced at mobile.de for some time in July (at least it was on the pictures in the add, now a similar add uses pictures of #090). Maybe similar history to #091/#103 (customer "changing mind" before taking delivery)? Hard to know without insider information.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
#105 could legally be sold in the U.S., as long as it was still on open MSO, and had a compliant airbag installed (which we all know Koenigsegg is working on).

It's very interesting that the car carries a 2013 VIN when at least three cars in sequence before it are 2014's. By the time #105 was built, Koenigsegg's airbag exemption had long since expired. But that wouldn't matter to a car with a compliant airbag. The Agera was certified for the U.S. for MY2013. I believe the car was deliberately VIN'ed as a 2013 in order to try to sell it in the U.S. If the sale was made the car would have the compliant airbag system retrofitted into it and only after that would the sale be finalized. It would have been perfectly legal as long as the car was still new.

I actually wrote a very thorough piece speculating that that was exactly what was going on, why we had not seen the car in a while. I posted it on the Registry website and everything, only to remember the car had already been sold. So I had to delete it!

#105 could have joined #099 in the U.S., before the new cars arrive. But unfortunately it cannot be imported to the U.S. anymore because it is a previously titled, non-U.S. market car now.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts