BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
My number comes first ;) Either way were still about 10 months from delivery, I'm sure one of the U.S Koenigsegg owners will decide that they want another, and they will pull the trigger.
I'm confident the Ageras arriving Stateside by then will be fully compliant, and that includes the One:1. 2015 is shaping up to be a great year for U.S. Koenigsegg fans!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Owner of #062/#074 seems like a good candidate? As we know, #062 is for sale to make room for a new egg, wich could definatly be a One:1. The owner also takes his/her Eggs out on events to show them. Another candidate might be the owner of #049?

Does this mean that they are making 7 cars (+1 proto) or infact 6 cars?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Owner of #062/#074 seems like a good candidate? As we know, #062 is for sale to make room for a new egg, wich could definatly be a One:1. The owner also takes his/her Eggs out on events to show them. Another candidate might be the owner of #049?

Does this mean that they are making 7 cars (+1 proto) or infact 6 cars?

This is one of the original 6 cars that was sold. The president of Manhattan motorcars used some influence/pressure, and Koenigsegg called all the original buyers, and was able to "make a deal" and free up the last chassis for the dealer.

Jens was also very clear the car would be registered under S&D however. I'm not sure if that is factoring in the legislation changing or not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is one of the original 6 cars that was sold. The president of Manhattan motorcars used some influence/pressure, and Koenigsegg called all the original buyers, and was able to "make a deal" and free up the last chassis for the dealer.

Jens was also very clear the car would be registered under S&D however. I'm not sure if that is factoring in the legislation changing or not.
Wow, that's very interesting to here. Wonder what type of deal they had to make to pry away a One:1 from someone. Hopefully it was a Chinese owner, I say that because it means more varied distribution and exposure. I quite like that Koenigsegg Manhattan did this though, shows some real dedication to the cars/company.

I wonder how the Agera S/R's will come in in 2015, I guess they'll be Show and Display too?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It seems reasonable that they could extend the CCX exemption and just like #099, register all Ageras as a "CCX-Agera"?. S&D does limit the annual mileage wich is not a very good thing.. I think it's 2500m per year? Definatly less than the average egg driver (especially in the U.S), but still an unwanted limit.

·
1,064 Posts
It's still my opinion that the Agera will not qualify for S&D. The Zonda has been unable to qualify despite years of trying and the Agera at least already has a certification. The One:1 might be able to pull if off, but as it is largely an Agera I wouldn't stake a fortune on it.

To me it seems that Koenigsegg is serious about the U.S. market again and for that I'd like to see them just bite the bullet and invest the money in a compliant airbag system. It eliminates all the hassle that comes with S&D, and with the sales rolling right now I don't believe cost is as big an issue as it was previously.

The old CCX exemption is gone, you can forget that approach. But if the rules change for the boutique builders then obviously that changes things too. I wouldn't expect that proposed rule to get fasttracked through Congress, but then by the time the next U.S. cars are ready maybe it would be in place, I don't know.

The point is, the Agera already achieved certification for MY2013, certification for successive model years is literally as simple as saying "Okay here's the next ones, these are MY2015 but they are mechanically and structurally the same as the old ones." As long as the regulations haven't changed they don't have to jump through all the hoops again. Does it make sense to go S&D when all that's stopping imports is the latest airbag technology?

Just spend the money, then it's over and done with and they don't have to worry about it ever again. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can see the corner of their Blue/White Veyron in that shot. There's a yellow GS Veyron there as well. Must be quite the showroom at the moment!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Black Bronze Metallic seems to be the name of the colour, absolutley gorgeus! Probally insanely expensive aswell..
Another interior pic, definatly my favorite interior on any Koenigsegg to date!

·
1,064 Posts
It's definitely a beauty! Between this one and 102 & 104, they have a series of real knockouts going here.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
That interior is nice! Best to date? Maybe, for my personal car would make the dash a darker leather/alcantara to avoid reflections in the windscreen. This looks like the kind of leather that can take lot of wear, dirt and cleaning to just look better..

41 - 60 of 72 Posts