BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
this is what Black M5 has been talking about.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
From what i know, there is no set mag yet...although BWM Car is about 100%. The parent company is probably going to do multiple articles in multiple mags that they distribute.

Im still trying to figure out why abdullas in car videos are louder than mine

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
What I want to know is....did it start right up the first time?
I watch these shows (overhaulin, Rides, American Hot Rod) and they have such a hard time getting engines to start up the first try. It either doesn't start or there are leaks. I suppose it's generally a wiring issues. Anyhow....

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Im still trying to figure out why abdullas in car videos are louder than mine
hehehehe my God. You are doing an invistigation behind my back ? :p

What i know, is that the magazine folks will do the photoshoot on monday and tuesday and the car should be ready to go into a container on wednesday. Then in its bonvoyage to Bahrain

·
Registered
450 Posts
Once you get up and drifting (or whatever you do) post a video or two. Both cars look great and each has a different look to it (and are both very very unique).

Black M5 said:
hehehehe my God. You are doing an invistigation behind my back ? :p

What i know, is that the magazine folks will do the photoshoot on monday and tuesday and the car should be ready to go into a container on wednesday. Then in its bonvoyage to Bahrain

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
abdualla..your lucky as your car will be done before mine. I just made plans to go and pick up the car on the 22nd of the month..your car should almost be there by that point

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
kcdoyle said:
HOLY SHAT!!!!:eek:oohhh:

Could I get that done for less than $10 grand?;)
Maybe if you had a small block Chevy

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
1000 bhp from an M5 S62 .................

Sorry but not possible in my himble view, I have built F1 engines and worked with people who dyno All manner of race engines........ There have been VERY few engines full stop that have genuinely exceeded 1000 bhp.....

The numer of times real dyno sheets show figures that do not reflect race track talk is significant. I built many reputedly 700 hp 3.5 litre DFZ Cosworths (figures never quoted publically for obvious reasons) they made 545-560 bhp corrected or there abouts, the best I saw was 580bhp, from one- Never understood why !

900 hp at the wheels, the torque would be such that the drve train and gearbox will NOT tolerate it !!

:confused3

·
Banned
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Do you know what bar boost this was running ?

I have a very good friend who has just mapped one of the last 993 GT2R race cars in Germany, with more trickery on the engine than you can imagine. This is probably one of the most highly specced 93 turbo engine with 100 hours of life between full rebuilds. I can't quote what it produced but it was less than this twin turbo. The engine mapper (A very good friend is one of the best there is...... He spends most of his time mapping Lemans cars, touring cars, etc, etc)

I KNOW a lot of dyno operators that will give you whatever curve you want, not saying this is the case, but it is COMMON practise with some unfortunately.....hmmm

By the way with the best 993 GT2R gearbox there is it has to have the torque curve modded to soften peak torque as it wouldn't hold together for too long if not...........

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
Do you know what bar boost this was running ?

I have a very good friend who has just mapped one of the last 993 GT2R race cars in Germany, with more trickery on the engine than you can imagine. This is probably one of the most highly specced 93 turbo engine with 100 hours of life between full rebuilds. I can't quote what it produced but it was less than this twin turbo. The engine mapper (A very good friend is one of the best there is...... He spends most of his time mapping Lemans cars, touring cars, etc, etc)

I KNOW a lot of dyno operators that will give you whatever curve you want, not saying this is the case, but it is COMMON practise with some unfortunately.....hmmm

By the way with the best 993 GT2R gearbox there is it has to have the torque curve modded to soften peak torque as it wouldn't hold together for too long if not...........
These M5's making this power is due to the motor rebuild (heavy) Nitrous and 22psi out of the supercharger...I belive the trans was also beefed up, but I'm still waiting to see how it handles it.

Ive also seen 900hp out of a RSI, 800 out of vipers so forth and so on, on the after market it's common to see foollish numbers.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
1000 bhp from an M5 S62 .................

Sorry but not possible in my himble view, I have built F1 engines and worked with people who dyno All manner of race engines........ There have been VERY few engines full stop that have genuinely exceeded 1000 bhp.....

The numer of times real dyno sheets show figures that do not reflect race track talk is significant. I built many reputedly 700 hp 3.5 litre DFZ Cosworths (figures never quoted publically for obvious reasons) they made 545-560 bhp corrected or there abouts, the best I saw was 580bhp, from one- Never understood why !

900 hp at the wheels, the torque would be such that the drve train and gearbox will NOT tolerate it !!

:confused3
WOW !!!!!!!!!!
If the motor has 1000+HP at the crank, that's TRIPLE the HP of the original stock engine/HP.
Triple??? :confused:

·
10,456 Posts
Jayson said:
These M5's making this power is due to the motor rebuild (heavy) Nitrous and 22psi out of the supercharger....

the nitrous is only used to cool the charge cooler, not injected into the engine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dont see a 1000crank hp out of it either. also im sure a m5 has more that 10% drive train loss.

Im not saying 1000hp cant be had. there are plenty of cars out there doing it. Just never seen a bmw, much less a built M5. Not saying it cant.

So what the pice on that build up now? $150,000?

·
Banned
300 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts