BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive finally bitten the bullet and have since December been enjoying the fruits of my labour ( 2001 Le Mans blue ).
I have come to the M5 from a 1988 735 i SE (HARTGE ) Full M Pack.
The transition has been an easy one , both cars believe it or not having pretty much the same toys. The ergonomics are surprisingly similar given the 13 year gap . The only difficulty i have encountered so far is with the WARP DRIVE ( right foot ). Its difficult not to go everywhere at Warp speed. Im sure this will stop with time , but at the moment it seems that i have a coat hanger in my mouth ( according to my wife ). Certainly im having more smiles per gallon than ive had in a very long time. So much so that the ZX9R that i have in the garage has not been out sinec December.
Ive had no problems of note so far , just the odd erratic idle at times but ive put that down to low grade fuel. Im nearly up for an inspection II having covered 53 K and having just the 1 green led lef , so ill get them to check that when it goes in.
Anyway greetings from the far side ( UK ) and i look forward to speaking to you all in due course.

Regards
Nat.:biggrin:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard Nat - hope to see you on the 6th :byee55amg

Inspection II is very comprehensive (spark plugs, air filters etc. changed) and I'd wait until this is done before worrying about the rough idle. Do mention it to the dealer when you take the car in though. Do you have the extended warranty on your car?

"You are what you eat" applies to your car as well - switch to Shell Optimax and you should notice an improvement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.............pray tell whats happening on the 6 Th..? Ive obviously missed a post.

I do have a warranty with the car , although its not a BMW one.....they didnt want to know even though the car was one owner with a full BMW history.
I got is from a company called warranty works and it was very good value. I paid £ 935 for a 3 year warranty , covers everything ( including one clutch change ) up to a maximum of £ 2500.00 per claim ..........unlimited number of claims. only conditions is that the car gets serviced as required to what it says in the service book . It does not have to go to a main dealer.
I however will give my main dealer a chance , have been quoted £ 505.00 for an inspection II including vat and parts ( under the 4 plus scheme ) which sounds good to me. Ill let you all know how they get on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy, but don't think you will get tired of the "warp" drive....I have had mine now for 1yr and still keep it "floored" from point "a" to point "b" with loads of smiles along the way!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!
Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts