BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the odds the 09 m5 will be available with the dct transmission and, if so, how much will the value of an 08 with smg drop?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The odds are zero (0)! Since the 0'9's are starting production soon and the M3's with DCT in the U.S. are not out yet. I believe BMW will work its way through the new technology on the M3 and we will see it with the next generation M5.

My opinion!:applause:
:cheers:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I don't really see them adding DCT or any gadgets. With the significant facelift they did to the 08's, I cant see them really adding anything to the 09's.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wont lie...I dont think I would want it on the beast! I have grown to love the smg III wholeheartedly and without it, I dont think the screamer would be the same!

Anyhow...another vote for definitely not...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I wont lie...I dont think I would want it on the beast! I have grown to love the smg III wholeheartedly and without it, I dont think the screamer would be the same!

Anyhow...another vote for definitely not...
you never know... you may love the DSG...

Reactions: m5baller

·
Registered
285 Posts
you never know... you may love the DSG...
I have driven DSG and love it for what it does...but personally, I find the rawness of the smg box just a bit closer to home (ala holinger sequential). If I wanted smooth, I would have kept my audi RS6!

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Drove it and have 30-40 minutes of recording.However it is difficult to explain with video, you must ride in one or drive one to get the sense of it. It's a great technology, with supersmooth gearchanges when you want them to be and a slight bump if you want it there. In D1 and D2 your only hint of a changed gear is looking at the RPM counter falling. In D5 and S3, S4 and S5 they are noticble but never any necksnapping a'la SMGIII. However in all cases they feel faster than SMG III. The technology it is a step forward, definetly: you never thnk twice about it, it's a seemless shifting technology that is really like something you never driven before. Just works and superquic: like driving Grand Turismo computergame. Video coming tommorrow! http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116533&highlight=dkg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts