BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

08 xenon replacement

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  umnitza 
#1 ·
Do you have to remove the front bumper in order to change the headlight xenon bulbs? or can you just go from the engine bay or maybe even the fender flares??

#2 ·
bringing this back from the dead.... can anyone answer this.. for 08 models would help... but if you only know how to do it on the 03-07 thatd be great too

what about the angel eye bulbs? how do you remove those, and is it 1bulb per side or 2bulbs per side or what?

#4 ·
I'm not sure. I can tell you it's extremely hard to get to bulbs from the hood. The space is without question the tightest in any engine bay I've ever seen. Getting to it via the wheel well seems easier but I had trouble getting the wheel off (in another thread) I thought the bulbs in the headlight though were sealed no?

#7 ·
umnitza, can you just get new 6k bulbs then and install them into the headlights? HID ones that is?

#10 ·
Didn't see them on the site Umnitza. Can you PM me the discount code and the exact model number? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.