BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did use the search function,and just hoping for some opinions.

It looks like most folks are using the V6 cable from Bruce/Mironics. Now the question is which tail lights to get and where. Here are the 3 options i've read:
1. can get one from a BMW dealer
2. get the LCI OEM HELLA headlights from Ebay with the amber turn signal instead of red.
3. I did also see you can get one from a 5series.net member (ricky) and it also has the amber turn signal. Not sure if this is the same as the HELLA OEM tail.
4. Or I guess one can hold out and see if someone is selling a used tail light.

Are the alternatives to getting one from the dealer good enough options that anyone would recommend it? Any opinions on the US spec (red) vs. the Euro spec (amber)?

thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought this kit BMW 5 Series E60 LCI LED Tail Light with Retrofit Kit (eBay item 180499583409 end time 23-Mar-11 08:37:25 AEDST) : eBay Motors about a year ago. Installed in 20 min, perfect fit (Hella, Euro turn signal), no probs.
Had a error (bulb fail) code that kept popping up but this only lasted for about a week and then mysteriously fixed itself, no problems since. I was even able to email Bruce who was very helpful and forthcoming with advice (re: error code).
Hope this helps ?
Steve

·
Registered
7,354 Posts

·
Registered
7,354 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
if you are having the 6 months before lci model, u can just code your light control module under retrofit without needs for cable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts