BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teaser...

OK guys, I can't wait...

My wheels just came back from being refinished in a custom Anthracite Grey Metallic powdercoat. They look incredible, very unique. I am having Rogue Engineering 12MM spacers fitted up front and possibly 12MM spacers in the rear depending on the flushness of the wheel when they go on. They are being fitted right now. Will post up pics this afternoon when I get her back. I know you guys will be upset that I posted first without pics, but I need others in anticipation with me, lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DANG IT!!! Just got off the phone with the shop. They had trouble locating the PS/2's in 20" sizes. Finally found a set. But the car won't be ready until 5 PM CDT, and I will be at home by then. So, pics will have to wait until morning! Crushed! Oh well, it is supposed to be more sunny tomorrow anyway. I know God must be making sure I can get good quality, daylight pics instead of mediocre, overcast pics. Cheers. The wait goes on.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Teaser...

OK guys, I can't wait...

My wheels just came back from being refinished in a custom Anthracite Grey Metallic powdercoat. They look incredible, very unique. I am having Rogue Engineering 12MM spacers fitted up front and possibly 12MM spacers in the rear depending on the flushness of the wheel when they go on. They are being fitted right now. Will post up pics this afternoon when I get her back. I know you guys will be upset that I posted first without pics, but I need others in anticipation with me, lol.

What width wheels are you putting on? 9's and 10's? Those are sick wheels

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me start by saying I am very disappointed with the pic quality. I guess that's what you get when you ask someone else to take pics. But, the wheels in person are amazing. They have a very cool satin metallic anthracite finish. A good compromise between matte and gloss IMO. The car is now headed to the dealer for Dinan suspension, so before anyone comments on the need to lower the car, it's being done. I will post updated pics with a clean car after that install. I think the wheels themselves are stunning, although you can't get the true effect with these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
wow even with the quality of the pics they still look fantastic. How much does dinan lower the car by?

Reactions: SBM6

·
Registered
836 Posts
blkfast6, i believe 3/4" front and rear

GP looks awesome even with these pics. A shot along the side of the car to see the slight concavity of those wheels would be great after the springs and detail!

·
Registered
370 Posts
TimK which springs have the softest ride
and if you would lower an m6 with stock rims would there be rubbing issues

·
Registered
836 Posts
other than stock I would have to say Hartge, but that's purely from what I've read here. I've only experienced the stock ones on M6 and H&R on an M5. The H&R's were pretty rough but supposedly they are even rougher on M6's
There would be no rubbing issues unless you went with big spacers

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have Dinan Stage II going on right now. I actually purchased Cosmos' Hartge M6 springs. I am going to keep the Dinan on for a few weeks. Then I am going to install the Hartges and do a comparison. I will provide a short writeup along with comparison pics with my impressions of both setups. I had Dinan Stage II on my M5 and it really was not much different (ride quality) than stock. Although the handling was a night and day difference. And I am actually having the MonoBall bearings installed as well. Should be quite a difference in handling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Dinan Stage II going on right now. I actually purchased Cosmos' Hartge M6 springs. I am going to keep the Dinan on for a few weeks. Then I am going to install the Hartges and do a comparison. I will provide a short writeup along with comparison pics with my impressions of both setups. I had Dinan Stage II on my M5 and it really was not much different (ride quality) than stock. Although the handling was a night and day difference. And I am actually having the MonoBall bearings installed as well. Should be quite a difference in handling.

Will you PM me where you are getting all of your work done? I am looking for a reputable shop in the Dallas area. Thanks! Tony

BTW, the car looks great! Nothing like black on black on black on......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts