BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ,

Just wondering what you guys think ,I did my research before posting this so please dont get angry. :haha:

I have a 08 e92 m3 with individual audio option. Not Logic 7. Is it worth considering any aftermarket speakers with

stock amp combination? Brands like Focal, Rainbow and Sonic .

Thanks drive safe.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I understand the cost of retrofitting the Logic7 system into the car isn't worth it. Best bet is to take it aftermarket with Rainbow or MBQuart speakers and a custom sub/amp combo. Bavarian Soundwerks (BSW) can get you what you need.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi , Thanks for the advice.
I actually have the enhanced premium audio option , I thought this is higher grade system than Logic 7 option. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So, if this is the case , would there be a significant improvement in sound quality comparing it with aftermarket speakers? Im thinking of
utilizing the stock amp and DSPs.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hi , Thanks for the advice.
I actually have the enhanced premium audio option , I thought this is higher grade system than Logic 7 option. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So, if this is the case , would there be a significant improvement in sound quality comparing it with aftermarket speakers? Im thinking of
utilizing the stock amp and DSPs.
Nah, Logic7 is the best audio option offered for the E9X M3 and the speakers are actually of very high quality (esp. compared with the optional H/K systems of BMW's past). Perhaps a subwoofer and amp upgrade kit would improve things a bit, but what you have is already a very nice system. Make sure you have the equalizer set up properly before committing to anything aftermarket. I followed the instructions below and the sound quality comparison was night/day.

FINALIZED EQ Settings for Enhanced Premium Sound. LOOK INSIDE.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did you add the amp yourself or have it installed alpina?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe the bottle neck in the system is actually the factory amp, the speakers are actually pretty decent.

Look up 'Technic' and his options for upgrades. I have a Technic harness but I started with standard HiFi in my M3. It was simple plug and play with a properly spec'd amp and I added a sub.

As I understand the EPS system is a little harder to upgrade, but there are options out there.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts