BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got hold of a fully optioned M3 Coupe 6spd ($71,700 sticker) from Jake Sweeney BMW Cincinnati with only 9 miles on the odometer.

Took it over to Enthusiasts Auto (some of you may know Eric) and had it photographed beside his large collection of E30 M3's.

Member Kmac was there having his Tubi Exhaust, and a host of other goodies, installed. I am sure he will post about them.

We set out and both agreed that this M3 is so far ahead of the E46 that there is no real comparison. Fit and finish is so much better and then the engine, sweet. At 4000rpm it really kicks in.

Then we went over to the local MB dealership, Mercedes Benz of West Chester, to show off the competition in a friendly way as I know the owner.

He liked it but insisted that we test drive some of his AMG inventory. Twist my arm. We had no time but reluctantly agreed to come back another day.

A great day!

·
Registered
543 Posts
It was brilliant. Car will look even better in Black.

IMO, the best fit and finish I have ever seen on any BMW. So solid it was scary. Seems like they are starting to position it as a true GT, so if you follow that logic, we will see a lightweight //M version of the 1 series to destroy on the track.

As amazing as the car is, I will post a couple of wierd things with the car.

First were the little arms that extended to hand you the seatbelt. That was too wierd.

Second, in order to get around the cooler for the diff, the exhaust runs in this wierd "S" through the middle of the car. It will take Dinan or someone like him about 5 min to redesign that bit.

Loads of electronic. I wonder if they are a deletable option in Europe?

Single intake was a bit wierd also, but man was it big. Looking at the engine layout, it will be interesting to see if it is able to be supercharged.

Overall, best fit and finish and best stance of any BMW to date. BTW, I believe it weighs 3800-3900 lbs.

Thank you for letting me take part in the adventure today Richard. I will bring my brogue with me next time we meet.

-Kirk

·
Registered
814 Posts
new M3....

been hearing a lot of good things about the new M3... I'm so tempted to just give up my plans to order an M6 and just save some money and go with the New M3 coupe.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What's the 'Market Adjustment' like in Cinci?
No idea, I just happened to be at the dealer getting some more Dinan mods on my E39 M5 and they offered up the M3 for a test drive.

It would have been rude to say no...:1:

And yes the s curve is a sight to see. The photo does not do it justice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on you new M3! Looks sharp!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took a ride in new M3 at the dealer yesterday. I like it. Couldn't take it above 5500 rpm. We had it on a winding road and it did well. I'm trying to get dealer to do Euro delivery then I will order one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts