BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For how long was the 4.7-litre engine in #077? It had at least a few "face-lifts" but but when was the engine changed? Anyone who knows?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It used to have the 4.7? Didn't know that.. Twin turbo or supercharged?

One thought would be sometime during 2010 after the car was shown in pre-production state. Another logic time would be in May this year when the car recived its MY2013 R upgrade, makes sense since Koenigsegg almost never use the car for press or to my knowledge, private test drives either.

To me though the most logic thing is sometime between 2010-2011. I don't think they would develop a new engine without testing it in a car before putting it in production. Sure you can do dyno-testing, but it doesn't say much how the engine will interact with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The development car originally had a 4.7 fixed-vane twin turbo. That engine was replaced at some point by a 5.0 variable geometry-vane turbo, and of course that engine was upgraded to R-spec later.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just preordered Super Speeders 7 haha. Only $31 something with shipping, not bad!

And wow, that stability control is insane.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Matt Farah on the Agera R:
Good spot :) I got to drive the Agera R too and it was batshit crazy. My driving segment is on the DVD. The speed of the car is impressive, but not as scary as the Venom. But the brakes, the stability control, the handling, the fact that it looks, feels, and sounds like it wants you dead but you'd actually have to steer it right into a tree to crash it, was dope. It was easy to slide a bit, stupidly fast, and I've never felt brakes like that on a road car. And it was easy to drive; as easy as a Gallardo or something, but way cooler because the view inside is total fighter plane.
He also said this:...
not even that many. Koenigsegg has built 120 cars total since its inception. The only way they can stay alive as a company is all the mad scientist tech that Christian Von K licenses to other companies. Ever see a ford or GM car with a "flex fuel" badge on it? Christian Von K. He owns the patent, and makes supercars for fun. In fact, he owns more than a dozen patents that will keep his great-great-grandchildren wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. He just likes building crazy ****.
permalinkparent
I found that second bit very interesting. Didnt know that about CvK.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
CvK comes from a very rich family to start with, and started as an entrepeneur when he was 19 and was very succesfull. Money is not a problem for him to say the least ;)

Guess why he thought about buying SAAB?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I knew he came from a wealthy family, aren't they associated with the royal family?I just didnt know that he had the patents for flexfuel and stuff, thats awesome.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Intresting with #030. It has the Agera air filter covers, Agera exhaust and the Agera suspension, i would guess that the entire rear end is essentially an Agera? Probally used as an Agera prototype?
Would make sense if #030 is being used for testing One:1 components.
Also notice the skinny tires...

That Agera in the back is most likely #102. #101 is probally finished and delivered, #102 soon and #103 in less than a month. Good to see Koenigsegg having a high tempo :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im wondering what the big bundle of wires/tubes that you can see sitting above the exhaust is. It also looks like there is a wire or tube of some sort running to each rear wheel, but I may be wrong. Does the suspension usually extend that far to the wheels? As in, would a normal Agera/CCX sized wheel fit with that suspension?

I'm dreaming of a widebody Agera... Omg

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Im wondering what the big bundle of wires/tubes that you can see sitting above the exhaust is. It also looks like there is a wire or tube of some sort running to each rear wheel
Noticed that too, and the box (between exhaust above gearbox) they are coming from. some kind of gear collecting data from the gearbox or exhaust?

One of the other pictures from this session showing interior of "Hundra"? Back at the factory?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hmm..Hundra may be back for servicing? That of he just reposted another photo...or there is another black/gold car in the making, didnt we see some images of black/gold leather stitching in the Swedish magazine article on Koenigsegg recently that came out? That was certainly after the Hundra was released. I wouldn't be surprised if someone copied that interior, it was incredible and my favorite so far with the black aluminum.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dont know where the rumour started that the Koenigsegg family is soo rich? Yes they have a fancy name and its a noble family from Germany but rich? No..
I had quit god insight in the familys Money a few years ago and it wasnt that impressive? All Money was spent founding the Company and if you subtract dept from assets i Think all of us here are richer then the Koenigsegg family (was back then?).
And Farraw´s statement that the patents are going to make his Children rich is just stupid.. Cargine AB owns the patents and their turn over 2012 was appr 61 K usd and LOSS 670 k usd.. That doesnt feed your Children..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What about Alpraaz? I think some newer patents taken in that company? And they have "some" assets.. If there was a lot of money in this, the best thing would be to be silent about it. Customers, competitors and not so good payed employees would not be to happy about big profits, the best thing is to be just passionate and give away multi million [whatever currency] cars as some kind of charity act (like all the competitors do?)?

I know the start was probably hard, and I'm not sure, It's much better now. Just saying, there is no way Koenigsegg will ever do big money. They will be moved to other companies where they "don't do any harm" .. I think CvK have been around long enough and learned how to make money for him self without making a big fuss about it ..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts