BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Read it today in the May '05 issue of Car & Driver. Seems pressure from BMW loyalists in the U.S. and the sales arm of BMWNA pushed the people in Munich to bring a traditional 6 spd manual-equipped M5 to the U.S. for the 2007 model year. According to the small blurb, the U.S. will be the ONLY market to get this option because the rest of the world worships Formula One and views the SMG as the "most sporting and advanced option." By contrast, we here in the U.S. "still prefer the simplicity of human involvement in our fast cars." 'bout time they figured this one out. ouich So now, at least, if I can get used to the styling, a replacement for my current car might at least be available!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Yep. Read it today in the May '05 issue of Car & Driver. Seems pressure from BMW loyalists in the U.S. and the sales arm of BMWNA pushed the people in Munich to bring a traditional 6 spd manual-equipped M5 to the U.S. for the 2007 model year. According to the small blurb, the U.S. will be the ONLY market to get this option because the rest of the world worships Formula One and views the SMG as the "most sporting and advanced option." By contrast, we here in the U.S. "still prefer the simplicity of human involvement in our fast cars." 'bout time they figured this one out. ouich So now, at least, if I can get used to the styling, a replacement for my current car might at least be available!
ditto except the styling doesn't bother me. glad i put down a deposit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts