BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 M6 Convertible E64.
After driving for a 1hr I start getting Transmission Malfunction etc....
Limited acceleration etc...

The Valve body works flawless and I have a very hard time believing there would be any issue with pressures / valve body.

I have had a few people say to change the SMG relays. They said on the E64 they would both be salmon colored and in the trunk...

I thought the relays were under the passenger side cabin filter 1 salmon and 1 black relay?
I have found the 2 salmon relays in the trunk but no one can tell me exactly if these are the correct one's?

This is my first E64

Has anyone had this problem and can you please help point me in the direction of the SMG relays?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Everybody changes the black pump relay in the ecu box and it usually solves... nothing. You need to read the smg ecu error codes. Pump motor is the most likely culprit. Leaky slave or gear position harness are other suspects.

The salmon relay is NOT related to the SMG on the E6x cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't giving any error codes when you try to read it.
It only shows on the I-Drive and dissapears....

This all started happining after the trunk overheated and the rear bumper got hot enough to melt some.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Generic obd readers can't read anything but some dme errors. If there's an error on the screen there's an error stored.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got home from the dealership.

They were unable to find any errors.

Glad to take money, but said they would just have to start replacing module's.....

They checked the Valve body and everything that could mechanically be bad. All checkout fine.

New little problem showed itself on the way home.
Get a SOS error now and the radio dies.
Did hard reset and the radio is back.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Be careful changing relays i ordered from bmw and correct color but when i replaced it the new relay fried the ground wire on the SAP system

Managed to re run new earth

The idiots kept saying it was correct relay and again when asking for diagram to show location they couldnt help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do not want to come off of any diagrams!

I appreciate the heads up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
07E64
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing