BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn it ALL the way off? When in 'screen off' mode its still illuminated grey? At night i prefer a dark cabin...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same Here

I programed my * button to do just that. Go to the settings in your I ldrive at select display off. Program that to your * button on your steering wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The little star button turns my screen to a dim grey not "off"?

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
The little star button turns my screen to a dim grey not "off"?
That star button can be set to do anything you want. Well within reason that is :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep programmed it to shut down the screen which it does but it stays lit a dull grey color but still illuminating the cabin...

·
Registered
386 Posts
yep programmed it to shut down the screen which it does but it stays lit a dull grey color but still illuminating the cabin...
Maybe turn the screen brightness down or turn the dash illumination roller down?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Is there a way to turn it ALL the way off? When in 'screen off' mode its still illuminated grey? At night i prefer a dark cabin...
Yes, I have a solution for you. I could swap you CCCs as my display is nice and black at night with no intruding light. In fact, its like this all the time. Ah, the peacefulness of my cabin is bliss. Wanna trade? hiha

Reactions: Puffdragon415

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Screen will always be dim it will never be pitch black unless the car is off or no power is being sent to screen.

Reactions: Tortuga

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, I have a solution for you. I could swap you CCCs as my display is nice and black at night with no intruding light. In fact, its like this all the time. Ah, the peacefulness of my cabin is bliss. Wanna trade? hiha
LOL, great post but sorry to laugh at your situation. Just made me chuckle a little.:thumbsup:

Well, after spending over 6 grand last week on the rod bearings, VANOS, and other things, you kind of cheered me up.cherrsagai

Reactions: FastHackem

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yes... Remember back in the day when the solution to turning off a light on the dash was to cover it up? Still works...
A piece of black construction paper, cardboard or some other material that you can cut to fit the screen size should do the job quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Screen will always be dim it will never be pitch black unless the car is off or no power is being sent to screen.
Kinda what i thought...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts