BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#051 in the Registry.
This car had no thread in the old forum ("unknown" or mixed up with #050)
Easily mixed up with #050 but they have some things to separate them, mirrors are Black at #050, different rims, color at brake calipers and #051 have had a TG-like rear wing fitted some years ago. They are probably the only two CCX on the southern hemisphere, but they are on two different continents (#050 Australia, #051 South Africa)

Going to be auctioned November 12. First time up for bids was March 23, 2013.

LOT : 3
2008 Koenigsegg CCX- Hyper-supercar
An exclusive mid-engined sports car with a 4.7 Liter twin super charged V8 engine producing 593 KW and 920 N.m. There were 14 CCX’s produced between 2006 and 2010. Current kilometers 7752.

Auctioned again with it's partner "Lolly Zonda"

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No auction
CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:

INVITATION TO SUBMIT OFFERS: EXOTIC CARS ETC

Good day,

We thank you for your interest in the above Invitation.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances and current problems with Registration Documentation at Customs/ SARS the tender process is cancelled until further notice.

The viewing scheduled for 12 November is also cancelled.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

We will immediately inform you once the items become available again to purchase.

We trust you find this in order.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know much about this car, but here is some.
It was sold trough Daytona Group South Africa, here some pictures from their showroom.

The car was probably sold as used to avoid huge import tax. This is a fraud and makes the car practically belong to SARS (South African Revenue Service) from the first day someone finds out.

First dated trace of this car. Late March 2008 when tested by CAR Magazine South Africa.

The owner "Lolly" Jackson was also the "infamous" owner of a strip bar chain named Tezers, he had e huge collection of super cars and rented the Kyalami racetrack for two hours every week (the Koenigsegg was there several times).

In November (1-9) 2008, this car was exhibited at Johannesburg International Motor Show (together with #058 and #060).

My first pictures of this car with a (strange looking? probably copied?) TG-rear wing was shot in August 2009 for a Teazers calendar, LP (THING GP).

In February 2010 the car was seen at some Top Gear Live? event.

In the beginning of May 2010, "Lolly" was murdered, he was tangled up in "bad" businesses and had big debts at SARS, the car was seized in August.

Then there is a big gap in this cars history, before it shows up in a SARS lot at an Auction in March 2013 (arranged by Consolidated Classic Cars).

Most pictures of this car is from "Lolly's" Kyalami property (black diagonal tiled floor). But some pictures also shows the car in he's Kloof Road property (white diagonal tiled floor).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
quiz: To wich, and how is #051 connected to a famous tuning company?
You are thinking about Gemballa? I leave to someone else to make the connection.

Early video (April 2008). "250" @ Public road (Rovonia).
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rm5s5OXlwEk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here another picture from what I assume is the February 2010 (Top Gear?) Live event, and two pictures from Kyalami pitline, December 2009.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Edit: Featured in "music" video
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-oJXyDIbc-Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some (2010) pictures from Teamspeed

Some (2009?) pictures of Lolly Jacksons Collection from the Book, Lolly Jackson: When Fantasy Becomes Reality. And some later (2010) pictures I found at IG.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seems no one else is posting, so I'll make my second triple-post in this tread.

Schipol airport, probably not correct dated spot.

I think this is the June 2008 Castrol Extreme Motor Show.

2007 Koenigsegg CCX - Pictures - CarGurus

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sold "locally" for 5 million Rand (just over $400k), quite a catch. But no documentation as it was lost with the former owner. Anyway, of the lower prices we have seen on a CCX since the record low price of #042 back in 2012. Probably because of insufficient announcement of the auction and small local market.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
I'm told the Zonda went for 5.1M Rand as well. I don't follow Zonda values much, but that seems like a steal as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts