BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another newbie with a need for help from the group experience. My local dealer called with the following car: 03 Sterling/Luxury black with every single factory option, Dinan stage III suspension 16000 mi. Asking $55,000. The'll throw a COP in for $2400. Input would be appreciated.
PCUT

·
Registered
540 Posts
I consider that to be a very fair price. if you are seriously in the market and the color scheme is acceptable, i would say jump on it.

regards,

al

·
Registered
439 Posts
i would pass on the "cop" he would just give you a ticket :2: that is a great deal , make them confirm no paintwork or accidents. maybe even make them state it in writing.

ray

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
At face value that is a very good price. Almost too good to be true from a dealer (unless you are related.. :) )

Can you speak to the prior owner? I decided that was essential for me. How was it driven? Any problems that might have caused him to decide to switch?

Can you get a detailed printout of every service visit?

How can they cpo the car with non-factory parts on it? AFAIK the CPO is not possible (officially) with a non-stock vehicle.

ray540inyc said:
btw cpo is 1295 cost so u might be able to beat them up a little on that.
THis depends- if the tires are less than 50% then a cpo requires they be replaced. Are they quoting that price to cover the cost of new rear tires (for example) along with the cpo warranty?

Good Luck

Ard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts