BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red, tan interior 2003 M5 for sale at Concord BMW, Concord Ca. 9k miles--asking $67,888. Call Jeff Napier at 925-682-3577 if interested.

·
10,455 Posts
When I saw this post, my jaw dropped. 'He can't be selling it!', I thought... Glad to see it's not yours!
Mike

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
mottati said:
When I saw this post, my jaw dropped. 'He can't be selling it!', I thought... Glad to see it's not yours!
Mike
my jaw dropped too, but that was at the asking price...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
mottati said:
Mike
hiha I thought the same, Mike...How can he be selling it...he just got it... :confused3 :confused2 :confused3 :confused2

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
alpineblue said:
Red, tan interior 2003 M5 for sale at Concord BMW, Concord Ca. 9k miles--asking $67,888. Call Jeff Napier at 925-682-3577 if interested.
Jeff:

I believe that your asking price is right in the ballpark. The previous 10 LOW MILEAGE '03 M5 I have seen were right there as well. The highest priced one was $71k and the lowest was $61.5k. The higher priced ones all had the 4 option on the car ... Fold-down rear seats, M-Audio, Rear Sunscreen & PDC.

I wish you luck on your sale ... although it sadens me to see you sell it.

gra8fuldd ed :M5launch:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gra8fuldd ed said:
Jeff:

I believe that your asking price is right in the ballpark. The previous 10 LOW MILEAGE '03 M5 I have seen were right there as well. The highest priced one was $71k and the lowest was $61.5k. The higher priced ones all had the 4 option on the car ... Fold-down rear seats, M-Audio, Rear Sunscreen & PDC.

I wish you luck on your sale ... although it sadens me to see you sell it.

gra8fuldd ed :M5launch:
thanks for the sentiments--but i am not selling mine--but just alerting everyone of one for sale up at concord bmw.

MARK

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
Sorry, got to disagree. Of course ASKING price might be in the ballpark, but SELLING price should be 61-64k, max depending on CPO or not.

Big discrepancy in asking vs selling- and you can never really believe what the sellers tell you they got- esp if it is a dealer.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ARD ...

You are correct about the fact that the consumer should never believe how much a dealer says that he/she sold a car for. Their sole motive for telling you "How Ceap" they sold someting for is so YOU, the Buyer, will come to him/her to get that GR8 Deal!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Car Salesmen have a visceral need to keep values high- even when you get them out of a sales situation, they just cannot help themselves...

When I was shopping, there were two salesmen at two different dealers that 'fessed up' and I beleived them. Part of it was my familiarity with the cars, but a big part was that I was 1500 and 2200 miles away, they just sold their last M5, and they were pretty sure I was not going to possibly buy from them.

Oh, just FYI. This was a snip I received from Edmunds some while back- I had complained that their "private party prices" were way out of line. (This creates a wierd disconnect in the market where private sellers price it using KBB or Edmunds, then can't sell it for months)

"Because of the announcement of the new model and the current model year changeover, the M5 has been depreciating faster than normal. You will see these changes on the website in a few weeks."

A

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts