BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2000 m5 with full supersprint exhaust. Check eng light on does anyone know saomeone that sells plug in o2 simulators??????????

Has anyone used active autowerkes ram air kit 25hp 30 lb how true???????

·
10,455 Posts
by full exhaust do you mean headers, cats, x pipe and mufflers? If you just have x pipe and mufflers, you should not have an ses light. Do you have a code reader, or know what codes are causing the light. I've seen posts here about o2 simulators, but it's generally only needed if aftermarket cats are installed. I have the supersprint system, less the cats, and no ses lights.
Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mottati said:
by full exhaust do you mean headers, cats, x pipe and mufflers? If you just have x pipe and mufflers, you should not have an ses light. Do you have a code reader, or know what codes are causing the light. I've seen posts here about o2 simulators, but it's generally only needed if aftermarket cats are installed. I have the supersprint system, less the cats, and no ses lights.
Mike
I have supersprint everything head,cats,x pipe muffler

·
10,455 Posts
slowcar said:
I have supersprint everything head,cats,x pipe muffler
OK. You may try to PM XrayMD as he's gone down this road and has the O2 simulator. I've also heard that powerchip is working on a software solution.
Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mottati said:
OK. You may try to PM XrayMD as he's gone down this road and has the O2 simulator. I've also heard that powerchip is working on a software solution.
Mike

Thank you sir

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know about this as I had to add one on my ESS 540 after putting in the SS headers, I have not cats at all now.

Slava at O2 Sim send me a dual unit Sim which did not give out the correct voltage to fool the DME. I measured the voltage output as he had requested and he sent me a new modified unit which fixed the problem 100%.

For those that want to know what to wire for an ME 7.2, here are the pins/wire colours. 540iA Build 06/2000

Connector 2 on the main DME

O2 Signal Pin 17 Black and Blue
O2 Signal Pin 14 Black/white in my case, it should have been black, factory must have ran out of wire!

O2 Signal ground Pin 11 Yellow/blue
O2 Signal ground Pin 8 Yellow

O2 +12 VDC Large green wire near DME

Here are the voltage readings I took, modified O2 Sim

.322 to .638 with a 2 second or so delay between voltages.

I wired mine myself directly in the DME housing area, not under the car.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts