BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought this car from a fellow board member just a few weeks ago. I have had several e39’s in the past and the overwhelming majority have been too low mileage/nice to tinker with or drive, and I end up selling them. After owning several have decided that owning one around 100k that has been cared for better suits me, as I can drive it, enjoy it, and not worry about the value taking a huge hit if get a parking lot ding or even worse a texting teenager causes a wreck.

First and foremost: the only reason I’m already selling, is that I’ve come across my dream combo: Oxford/caramel with similar mileage. My first e39 in 2004 was an Oxford/sand beige 528i and I’ve said if ever found an Oxford m5 I’d buy it. Fortunately, I now have the chance.

Secondly: price....i am going to sell it to the next person for what I have in it. The price listed is a rough estimate, as i haven't added everything up, and there were a few things below that will be pending, if the next owner wants me to do them (such as pixels)... the price above would be if we did everything, else below. as it sits now, I have roughly $17,5 in it, without doing pixels, etc. I’ll provide bill of sale, invoices for work I’ve done, etc.

About the car: I bought the car from the 3rd owner. The car has been in Austin, tx since new. The last two owners were mechanics and maintained the car. The first owner put the majority of the miles on it (104k)....I haven’t received them, but from the seller I purchased the car from, he says he is going to provide me with records for the first 70k. Clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal were done at 105k.

Before buying, I had terry sayther in Austin do a PPI. I had them fix everything they found on the car which wasn’t much. New tires (hankook evo2) , new pads and rotors front and rear, ac belt pulley and belt, brakes flushed, alignment...this was the only thing found on PPI (other than inoperable seat which I’ve fixed)., and terry sayther bmw In Austin completed the service. There was some minor hail damage that I have had removed with pdr. Now, there is just one or two small dents from a parking lot probably.

My impressions of the car: Mechanically, the car is very solid, drives great, suspension is tight with no issues. The paint is in great shape for age and mileage. A few rock chips on hood which is common on all these and the aforementioned door dings. Interior items are the things that needed addressing, and I’ve begun to address them including ordering the parts to fix. The interior overall is in great shape. It has sport seats which tend to wear very well, and they’re in great shape.

1. Ppi showed drivers seat was inoperable. Turns out the previous owner had removed the fuse, bc he stated that every time he started the car, the fuse would blow. I have fixed this...there was a really bad seat twist, and every time sat in the seat fuse would blow. I removed seat, fixed twist and all is fully functional without issues.

2. Broken cup holders....as you know, they’re worthless, but I’m ocd. Have ordered replacement and already removed old one

3. Cracked center vent. Another common issue. Have removed old one and ordered new one

4. Dry rotting rubber in storage cubby front and rear....have replaced.

5. Replacing all door sills with like new set

6. Wood trim...small crack in center console, is common......personally like titan trim better with black sport . I bought 3m brushed titanium to wrap it, but will hold off for now

7. Pixels....common pixel issue. I’m happy to remove cluster and send to @BlacKnight530i for repair. Takes just a couple of days

8. Rear parcel shelf. I’ve got a lead on one in good shape But it doesn’t bother me too bad. Can leave up to new buyer

9. Sunroof shade cover..,is a non alcantara one. I’ve ordered an alcantara one and will include with the car.

10. One piece of the Shadowline trim has a small dent. Have ordered to replace.

11. Steering wheel could use a refresh and needs lower trim part repainted or a new one. I’ve ordered a wrap and was going to wrap myself.

12. Front fender liners could use replacing. Was going to order new ones.

Overall the car is in great shape and drives great and should need nothing . Interior bits need a bit of refreshing g which I’m doing. I’ve got a few pics now in a drop box folder. I’m waiting on bits now to complete it.

The price is what i've got in the car, and will provide all documents/receipts on my end, which is not much. ...have found my dream combo and want to pass this one on to a fellow enthusiast at what I have in it.

The car is located in Tupelo, MS.....90 miles southeast of Memphis, tn.

I have a history on bring a trailer.....can look at my previous auctions to see the kind of cars I keep and my expectations.

https://bringatrailer.com/member/e38s62/

If want more pictures, Carfax, or just to talk about the car. Please pm or text me.. . As i said, have a dropbox folder, with more pictures, carfax, and i can share the PPI as well.

I'm trying to upload pictures, but struggling at the moment!!

Tyler
662-397-6292

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Tyler, glad to see your still around. I see you can't get those M5' s out of your blood. lol
GLWTS!! Fellow board members the guy is the really deal. I never personally had the chance to buy a vehicle from him, but he doesn't skimp on his builds!!
You can definitely buy with confidence!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Randy. Still around. Went without for about 6 months. But was all I could stand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Sounds like an honest DD! Do you know how the interior moonroof cover came to be a non-alcantera version?

GLWS.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tyler is a great guy - but also a bad man to know when you have a car problem :) We worked a deal and I purchased this from him. This means there may be a 2002 with 49k miles coming up for sale soon as 4 E39's is a bit much even for me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Putting this thing officially for sale. TGMarks put a lot of work into before I got it, and I think I've finished up most of the things. I just sent the cluster to fixels for repair should be back shortly.

·
Registered
431 Posts
OK requested updates. The car is in UT now to clarify. Same mileage - I only drove it to my shop once it was delivered. All the belts and hoses are new or in perfect shape and didn't need replaced. New brakes. I've got a great set of aluminum trim for it but I haven't put it in yet. Oil has been changed, coolant flushed, rear diff fluid changed. Suspension appears to be great. Just sent the cluster to fixels for repair.

I'll get some more pictures when I'm down at my shop later this week assuming it doesn't sell. Given the cost of getting it here, and the work I've done while it's briefly been in my care, I'd like to get 19k but I realize I may take a bit of a loss. I didn't intend to sell it.

Small crack in the front bumper
Drivers side rear view mirror is yellowed (hunting a replacement)

This is the only picture I personally took after it was delivered:

These pictures are all the ones I had from TGMarks:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Price drop to $17,500 - I haven't advertised this anywhere else. Just no time to deal with it - someone give this beautiful car a home.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just to answer my DKing's question - The quick turn around on the sale is a story. I had a spare set of Dinan wheels that were not really for sale per-se but TGMarks talked me out of them - and I was looking for a daily M5. Did the deal, got the car - and that next weekend a local cherry 68k LMB came up for sale. So I bought that as well. So; now I have a few too many E39's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts