BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas what would be a fair price for an 02 private party with CPO, 25k miles? (I'd be 3rd owner). Only option is M Audio (which is the only option I really want) Service history complete. Has had vanos, clutch, and gearbox replaced under warranty. The gearbox didn't fail but was notchy on downshifts and was replaced at no cost under warranty. Needs 4 new tires.

I'm on the fence over price and would really like some input.

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
45k - 52.5k BUT so much depends on the condition of the particular car and your circumstances. The price range gets lower the more patient you are, the broader the geographical area that you are willing to purchase from and the more flexible you are in terms of color and option combinations.

Don't get too fixated on a particular price point unless it's a hard financial ceiling. IMO, the most important thing is to get the right car. The second most important thing is to get it at a fair (not necessarily the best) price.

·
Registered
251 Posts
WannaM5 said:
45k - 52.5k BUT so much depends on the condition of the particular car and your circumstances. The price range gets lower the more patient you are, the broader the geographical area that you are willing to purchase from and the more flexible you are in terms of color and option combinations.

Don't get too fixated on a particular price point unless it's a hard financial ceiling. IMO, the most important thing is to get the right car. The second most important thing is to get it at a fair (not necessarily the best) price.
Agreed. 45k if average wear and vehicle located in less populous area. 53k for like-new obviously cared for specimen.

Paul

·
Registered
992 Posts
Just saw an 02 black/black sport with 29k miles at a dealer for $59,999. Didn't look at what options it had though. It didn't say it was CPO, but it did say that it had been through an extensive inspection process...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts