BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find out what this would be worth, private sale.
I have seen similar ones at Enthusiast Auto and some dealerships asking crazy amounts of money but what do you guys think?

01 M5 Jet black on black
57000 Miles
Extended leather
M Audio
Split folding seats
Texas car
Mediabridge Bluetooth, 25k worth of Dinan upgrades installed by dealer: Dinan exhaust, Dinan (Brembo) brakes front and rear, Dinan stage 3 tuning, Dinan intakes, Dinan short throw shifter, Dinan shortened gearing (differential), Dinan stage 3 suspension, Dinan light weight flywheel, Dinan HD clutch.
Brand new Endless brake pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sport brand new.
Has rock chips on bumper and hood but otherwise clean.

Let me know your thoughts thanks!!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts

Reactions: mgdmb

·
Registered
12,961 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No headers, unfortunately.
It has the lux interior. Is lux less desirable than the sport interior?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, are your guys' prices the asking prices or the selling prices?

I noticed Enthusiast auto generally doesn't carry 2001 M5's. Anyone know a reason for that,or just circumstance? I know the 2000's are quite different but 2001 I didn't think was any measurable difference between 02 and 03.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I for one do not consider EA more knowledgeable on the E39 M5 than veterans on this board. $25k selling price in good condition.

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
IMHO, EAG's prices are utterly ridiculous. Kind of like buying retail when wholesale is readily available.

I'm biased, but nothing's wrong with either the MY00 or the MY01s. In fact, some will tell you that though the MY00 motors tend to burn more oil, then also tend to be a tad more powerful. Also, some (not me, but some or the more aesthetically sophisticated among us, e.g., DINY) actually prefer the non-facelift headlights and tailights. About the only thing deficient with the MY00 is the nav setup.

I think $25k is too high for the car even in immaculate condition without the Dinan headers. $23K max, IMHO.

Just my $.02.

--Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts