BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the headlights and tail lights off a 2003 530 on my 2000 M5. I was just wondering if there was any way to use the stock HID's on these lights that did not have HID's. Also I cannot get the tail lights to sit flush in the car, I heard some cutting and sanding was needed but I'm not sure what or where. Please help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have read a sh!t ton of posts here that address your questions - search link above is you friend

If you still cannot find what you are looking for I found many links for what you are looking for here:

Let me google that for you

Ps thanks hdhnter23 ;)
Whenever I search the tail light issue all I seem to find is post on "retro fit" lights. I have the original OEM tail lights out of a 2003.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Headlights. Not sure of tails.
Would you happen to know what bulbs and where I can get them? Will they just plug into the stock headlight I have? Because I compared it to the stock one I took off and it seem the way the bulb is held in place is very different

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whenever I search the tail light issue all I seem to find is post on "retro fit" lights. I have the original OEM tail lights out of a 2003.
Retrofit is a word used to describe the addition of new technology or features to older systems. Those posts regarding retrofitted tail lamps are likely describing the process to add the 2001-2003 OEM Hella tail lamps to the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing a search for the bulbs but am still a little confused. Do the bulbs come with the wires that plug into the ballast? or do the original wires plug into the bulbs? Because H7 look like they have two plugs on the back of the bulb but the original wires I have are only one plug

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Doing a search for the bulbs but am still a little confused. Do the bulbs come with the wires that plug into the ballast? or do the original wires plug into the bulbs? Because H7 look like they have two plugs on the back of the bulb but the original wires I have are only one plug
H7 HID bulbs should have an H7 collar, but the standard D2S round connector on the back. There are also styles for aftermarket ballasts that come with the two wires that connect to corresponding wires on the ballast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts