BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I would be hesitant on that bid. The write-up on the car is shaky, to say the least. They can't even give an accurate or organized description of what the S2 package includes, which they quote an astounding $40,000 for, and have bad power numbers.

Just my thoughts,

Travis

·
Registered
837 Posts
M5Kid said:
I would be hesitant on that bid. The write-up on the car is shaky, to say the least. They can't even give an accurate or organized description of what the S2 package includes, which they quote an astounding $40,000 for, and have bad power numbers.

Just my thoughts,

Travis
My thoughts exactly, I saw it yesterday and thought, hey this is a pretty good deal, and the fellow dosent even quote the correct HP rating, Josh

·
Registered
439 Posts
i called the guy , hes selling it for a friend . he has no idea what the car is or what its worth. it might end up being a good deal if you verify everything yourself. i dont like the interior :(
owell.

ray

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Doesn't Dinan put an S2 plaque in the somewhere in the interior? The VIN is listed, so just put in a call to Dinan, they should be able to verify whether or not it is an S2.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Wonder what the reserve is??

I note that there are phone numbers for the seller and the original owner. Not a bad start.

As with any ebay purchase, this needs major research- original owner (S!, plural, not just the last owner). Find out who did the Dinan work and maintenance, look at the BMW history, have the bodywork inspected, etc

The "doesn't know what it is worth" is ... interesting. Best way to be screwed is to think that YOU'RE getting over on the seller.

A

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
*quote*
TIRES & WHEELS

Dunlop Tires
90% Tread Remaining

Wheels
Alloy Wheels
SP Sport 8080E

Spare
Excellent Condition
*unquote*

What spare? :nono:

B

·
0 Posts
gsfent said:
Doesn't Dinan put an S2 plaque in the somewhere in the interior? The VIN is listed, so just put in a call to Dinan, they should be able to verify whether or not it is an S2.
Regards,
Jerry
Dinan provides an S2 palque that has an adhesive backing. It has the Dinan serial number on it, which can be provided to Dinan for verification of associated VIN.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The Dinan S2 Package also comes with Front and Rear Strut and Shock Tower Braces. This car doesn't seem to have either ... NO Front Strut Brace and No Rear Shock Brace in the trunk.

The ad also says that the car has Parking Distance Control ... BUT ... I do NOT the PDC On/Off button on any of the interior shots of the shot.

I also do not believe that a Specal Cold Weather Package was ever offered on the e39 M5. The AD claims to have one.

Something does not smell right!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts